March 27, 2014
VIDEOS: 2013 Wyndham Cup
In 2014, the AJGA celebrates 25 years of teamwork, camaraderie and sportsmanship at an event unlike any other: the Wyndham Cup. The annual East-versus-West team match play tournament has created memories since 1990. For the first time since 2010, the Wyndham Cup will return to Old Sandwich Golf Club in Plymouth, Mass., July 7-10.
How are players chosen for the Wyndham Cup?
Wyndham Cup features the top 20 eligible boys and top 20 eligible girls in the country in a team match play format. The event pits the top 10 boys and top 10 girls from states West of the Mississippi River versus their counterparts from states East of the Mississippi River. Wyndham Cup teams will be determined based upon the Polo Golf Rankings.
Teams are based on members’ U.S. addresses. The entire states of Louisiana and Minnesota will be considered West of the Mississippi River.
Team eligibility is based on the following criteria:
· Must be 12-18 years old (birthdates between 7/11/1995 and 7/7/2002)
· Must be current AJGA members in good standing to receive an invitation
· Must have competed in a minimum of two AJGA tournaments between January 1 and June 13, 2014
· The top nine boys and top nine girls residing East of the Mississippi River will be invited based on the Polo Golf Rankings as of June 16, 2014
· The top nine boys and top nine girls residing West of the Mississippi River will be invited based on the Polo Golf Rankings as of June 16, 2014
In the event that an original top-nine invitee is unable to participate, the replacement player will be invited based on the current Polo Golf Rankings in effect at the time the spot becomes available.
The final spots on each team will be awarded to the boy and girl with the best Polo Golf Ranking as of June 30, 2014, who were not already eligible and who participated in the 2014 Rolex Tournament of Champions.
What are the current standings?
Based solely on the Polo Golf Rankings, juniors can find out where they stand through the Wyndham Cup Priority List.
· This list does not include the two AJGA tournament minimum eligibility criteria
· The list only includes current AJGA members in good standing
· This list can change with each Polo Golf Ranking update by a junior becoming eligible through performance and/or becoming an AJGA member
New in 2014: Bonus Points for Wyndham Cup
Beginning in 2014, Wyndham Cup participants will receive 30 Bonus Points towards a player’s Polo Golf Rankings. Points will be added to each player’s total points at the next Polo Golf Ranking update after the conclusion of play.
For more information about Bonus Points, please visit the Inside the Rankings page.