American Junior Golf Association
- AJC Top 100: Staff Retreat
- At the conclusion of the busy summer tournament season, AJGA headquarters closes for three days in October. During these three days, all staff members, from the newest of new to the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer travel to the Georgia mountains for a staff retreat. Staff retreat is a time to get away from the office, to talk about the year behind and plan for the year ahead. While there is a lot of work that gets done, the retreat is also a time for AJGA staff to have fun together and enjoy each other’s company. Whether it’s a...
more...Mon, 13 May 2013 13:25:54
- AJC Top 100: Todd Corum
- Todd Corum Tour Representative Bridgestone Golf Q: What was your time at the AJGA like? My time at the AJGA was unbelievable. I interned in 1999 and was a Tournament Director from 2000 – 2004. My last two years with the AJGA, I ran all of the Association’s major championships. The players that were playing and winning those events are now winning events on the PGA and LPGA Tours. [It’s] very cool to see these players continue to have success as they move through each level of golf. Q: What was your favorite memory from your time at the AJGA?...
more...Fri, 10 May 2013 13:48:56
- AJC Top 100: Sara Wagoner
- In 2010, Sara Wagoner made the transition from Braselton to Atlanta, golf slacks to scrubs, 56 co-workers to 6,830. But one thing remained the same as she left the AJGA for a job with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta: she was leaving one AJC Top 100 Workplace for another. (Sara Wagoner, front row, second from left, during her time with the AJGA.) “I was lucky to start my professional career at the AJGA,” Sara said. “I don't believe it's possible to understand how special the AJGA is unless you've worked there. The AJGA is a family through and through.” During her...
more...Thu, 09 May 2013 10:27:40
- AJC Top 100: Professional Development
- “It means a lot to me to work for an organization that not only allows, but encourages, this type of personal and professional development. I truly believe that if you’re not getting better and continuing to learn, you’re getting worse.” -Stephanie Dittmer, AJGA Communications Coordinator One of benefits of working for the AJGA is the opportunity the organization gives employees to go beyond 1980 Sports Club Drive and work and learn with other people. Not only do these opportunities give AJGA employees the chance to shine, but it allows AJGA staff to continue learning and bring their new knowledge back...
more...Wed, 08 May 2013 14:00:03
- AJC Top 100: Kevin Floyd
- Kevin Floyd: Prestige Staffing Tell me about your time with the AJGA: I graduated college in May of 1998 and did the communications internship on the East Coast. I think I literally came to training the day or two after graduation. I was a communications intern, one of two, and Tonya Oskarson was my partner. We traveled through the summer with four operations interns and ran events. At the end, I felt like there could be a full time opportunity for me, but I wasn’t sure when I left. A while later I got a call from Joel Schuchman (currently...
more...Tue, 07 May 2013 08:55:39
- AJC Top 100: In case you missed it
- It's been one week since the AJGA was named one of the Top 100 Workplaces in Metro Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Over the last week, we've run some great content across our different outlets and we have more great content for you in the week ahead. In case you missed out on some of the stuff we shared last week, here's a wrap up of what you missed: Our awesome Multimedia Production Manager Greg created a video celebrating the AJGA's place as a Top 100 Workplace. Watch the video and hear from past and present AJGA staff as...
more...Mon, 06 May 2013 13:53:21
- News and Notes: AJGA Junior at River Ridge
- By Caitlin Davis and Allison Cottrell, AJGA Communications Conducted by the American Junior Golf Association, the AJGA Junior at River Ridge is a 36-hole stroke play competition played on the Victoria Lakes Course at River Ridge Golf Club. The event features 72 boys and 24 girls, ages 12-18, from 10 states, Canada and Ecuador. The Boys Division is playing the course at 6,881 yards while the Girls Division is playing the course at 6,082 yards. 0 – 3,500 miles This weekend’s field features 77 golfers who hail from California, including three players – Kristin Diep, Patrick Holden and Kyle McLay...
more...Sat, 04 May 2013 17:53:52
- News and Notes: Preseason Junior at Fieldstone
- Back at Fieldstone: Conducted by the American Junior Golf Association, the Preseason Junior at Fieldstone is a 36-hole stroke play competition played on the par-72 course at the Fieldstone Golf Club of Auburn Hills. The event features 63 boys and 21 girls, ages 12-18, from 11 states and Canada. The Boys Division is playing the course at 6639 yards while the Girls Division is playing the course at 5768 yards. The course record is a 9-under-par 63, shot at the Buick Open Qualifier in 2009, an event held regularly at Fieldstone Golf Club of Auburn Hills. The Background: Fieldstone Golf...
more...Sat, 04 May 2013 08:03:00
- News and Notes: Preseason Junior at Blue Heron Hills
- By: Ian Yelton - AJGA Communications Conducted by the American Junior Golf Association, the Preseason Junior at Blue Heron Hills is a 36-hole stroke play competition played on the par-71 course at Blue Heron Hills Golf Club. The event features 63 boys and 21 girls, ages 12-18, from 16 states, Washington D.C., Canada and Mexico. The Boys Division is playing the course at 6,538 yards while the Girls Division is playing the course at 5,958 yards. For more info on this IMG Academy Preseason Series Event click here. New York, New York: There will be 25 players from New York...
more...Fri, 03 May 2013 14:40:03
- AJC Top 100: Throwback Thursday
- In 2009, AJGA staff across all departments went behind the camera and made videos to share some of the things that make the AJGA such a great place to work. As we continue to celebrate the AJGA being named to the AJC's Top 100 list, enjoy taking a look at this blast from the (not so distant) past. Are you featured in one of these videos? Give us a shout on Twitter and tell us about some of your favorite AJGA memories (be sure to use the hashtag #AJCTop100). Complete list of AJC Top 100 Series interviews Until next time...
more...Thu, 02 May 2013 08:59:47
- Visit the AJGA blog
- View the AJGA blog in its entirety
more...Saturday, May 18, 2013