American Junior Golf Association
Polo Golf Junior Classic
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Sept. 29)
- By Amanda Herrington (@AJGAAmanda), AJGA Communications Ryder Cup Europe retained the Ryder Cup with a 16.5-11.5 victory over the all-AJGA alumni United States squad in Gleneagles, Scotland. The European team consisted of former AJGA players Victor Dubuisson and Sergio Garcia. Dubuisson posted a 2-0-1 record in his Ryder Cup debut, while Garcia won 2.5 out of 4 possible points to bring his career record to 18-9-5. Dubuisson competed at the first-ever Junior PLAYERS Championship presented by TaylorMade-adidas Golf at TPC Sawgrass, an all-boys Invitational which features one of the most competitive and international fields on the AJGA schedule. Garcia played...
more...Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:26:53
- In the archives: Ryder Cup edition
- By Amanda Herrington (@AJGAAmanda) and Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications Before they were competing in the Ryder Cup, the 12 members of Team USA were just junior golfers with big dreams. We dug deep into the archives to uncover what Team USA was up to during their time at the AJGA. Keegan Bradley Bradley competed from 2002-04 and was named an honorable mention Rolex Junior All-American. Here he is after the last putt dropped (sporting his future college allegiance) in what would be his lone AJGA victory at the 2004 Lessing's AJGA Classic. Rickie Fowler The AJGA not only gave...
more...Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:00:25
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Sept. 22)
- Stacy Lewis held a Q&A session at her AJGA event, the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior Open, held in June. By Jared Dunn, AJGA Communications LPGA Tour AJGA alumna and tournament host Stacy Lewis earned runner-up honors at the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. Despite shooting a 6-under-par 66 in the final round, winner Mi Jung Hur matched Lewis stroke for stroke to steal the top spot. Lewis competed in nine AJGA tournaments as a junior, with her best showing being a tie for fourth at the 2002 Aaron's / Bob Estes Abilene Junior. Following her junior career, she attended the University...
more...Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:09:00
- Meet the 2014 Career Fair Team!
- The AJGA is kicking off the application for Spring and Summer #AJGAInternship positions by heading to career fairs at colleges and universities across the country. Meet the team of 23 full-time staff members who will be attending these fairs! Kathleen Adame Marketing Coordinator Intern Year: 2013 Began Full Time: 2014 School: University of Oregon Fairs Attending: University of Georgia, University of Oregon Blake Brittain Manager of Performance Based Entry Intern Year: 2010 Began Full Time: 2011 School: University of Alabama Fairs Attending: University of Alabama Casey Ceman Regional Director, West Intern Years: 2008, 2009 Began Full Time: 2010 School: UC...
more...Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:15:40
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Sept. 15)
- Billy Horschel competed in AJGA events from 2003-05, with his best finish at the PING Junior at Mirasol in 2005 By Jared Dunn, AJGA Communications PGA TOUR At the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola in Atlanta, AJGA alum Billy Horschel took home the tournament win and the FedEx Cup title, while fellow alum Jim Furyk collected his fourth runner-up finish of the year. This was Horschel’s second victory in as many attempts, claiming the BMW Championship title in Colorado one week earlier. Furyk’s performance was good enough to land him fourth in the FedEx Cup Rankings. Horschel compiled six top-20 finishes...
more...Mon, 15 Sep 2014 13:23:04
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Sept. 2)
- Chris Kirk earned medalist honors at the 2002 Polo Golf Junior Classic on his way to Rolex Junior All-America honors. By Jared Dunn, AJGA Communications PGA TOUR Chris Kirk won the Deutsche Bank Championship for his second PGA TOUR win of the season, after claiming The McGladrey Classic in November 2013. He finished two strokes ahead of fellow alumni Russell Henley and Billy Horschel, as well as Geoff Ogilvy. Kirk competed in AJGA events from 2001-03, where he won the 2003 TaylorMade-adidas Golf Junior at Château Élan and the 2002 Burgett H. Mooney, Jr. Rome Classic presented by State Mutual...
more...Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:01:58
- News and Notes: AJGA Junior at Bethesda
- By Katie Bonneau, AJGA Communications The Bethesda Country Club When the Bethesda Country Club Corporation purchased the current site from the Washington Aviation Country Club in 1947, it was a 156-acre plot of land consisting of a clubhouse, two tennis courts, a nine-hole golf course, and was sold for $360,000. The 81 original members of the Bethesda Country Club joined forced to create the beautiful country club that it is today. Previously in the club’s history, it was called the Montgomery Country Club, which was converted into the National Women’s Country Club. The members of the club were first ladies,...
more...Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:26:30
- News and Notes: The Junior PLAYERS Championship presented by TaylorMade-adidas Golf
- By Communications Interns Sofia Pettersson & Paula Toth A real PGA TOUR experience It is not a coincidence that The Junior PLAYERS Championship is many juniors’ favorite tournament on the AJGA schedule. The event is in many ways unique and provides the players a true PGA TOUR experience. The set-up of TPC Sawgrass – THE PLAYERS Stadium Course is as identical as can be to the PGA TOUR’s THE PLAYERS Championship. The juniors will play the course at 7,215 yards and with the same hole locations as the professionals, giving them a true TOUR test. Traditions From the moment you...
more...Sun, 31 Aug 2014 11:24:26
- Attention to detail
- By Noël Couch, Communications Intern Golf is a sport of mind, body, and soul. Players must keep steadfast focus through 18 holes of play and several days of a tournament. They’re required to fire their arm, leg, and core muscles simultaneously in order to hit the ideal shot. And passion, enthusiasm, and dedication are certainly a must. A spectator can watch the game and acknowledge players hitting a great shot or making a long putt, but it’s the small, detail-oriented aspects of the sport that make the difference between a good player and a great player. The AJGA hosts many...
more...Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:57:52
- CollegeSTEPS® with Wells Fargo and AJGA 'U'
- By Kathleen Adame (@AJGA_U), AJGA Communications Deciding where to go to college is hard enough without thinking about the application system and more importantly how to finance your college education. AJGA ‘U’ and Wells Fargo have teamed up to help you navigate this complex process with the Wells Fargo CollegeSTEPS® article series. The series of articles consist of three distinct categories; preparing for college, the cost of college and credit. These articles will help prospective students feel more comfortable with the financial aspect of college. “Preparing for college” is a group of articles geared towards students in their junior and...
more...Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:24:39
- Visit the tournament blog
- View the tournament blog in its entirety
more...Wednesday, October 01, 2014