American Junior Golf Association
Polo Golf Junior Classic
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Nov. 17)
- By Chris Ceman (@AJGACeman), AJGA Communications Brooks Koepka claimed his first European Tour victory at the Turkish Airlines Open after carding five birdies and an eagle en route to a final-round 7-under-par 65. Brooks Koepka hits a tee shot at Château Élan Resort Koepka played in AJGA events for three years, from 2005-07. He compiled six top-10 finishes including a victory at the 2005 Ashworth Junior at Highland Oaks. Following his victory, Koepka competed in AJGA Invitationals such as the AJGA Boys Championship, FJ Invitational, The PING Invitational and Polo Golf Junior Classic. Koepka continued his career at Florida State...
more...Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:29:46 -0500
- 2014 PING #CollegeGolf Signing Day
- By Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications The class of 2015 signing period has begun! AJGA juniors from around the world are signing their National Letters of Intent to the colleges and universities of their dreams. We asked some of them if they could say one thing to the class of 2015, what would it be. From congratulations and thanks to inspiration and the future, here's what they had to say: Bethany Wu – UCLA "Today's the day we've all been waiting for, congrats Class of 2015! We did it!" Sam Burns – LSU "Congratulations to everyone signing today, I know...
more...Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:03:09 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Nov. 10)
- By Amanda Herrington (@AJGAAmanda), AJGA Communications Bubba Waston eagled the final hole in dramatic fashion to tie Tim Clark at 11-under-par 277 at the HSBC Champions in Shanghai, China. Watson birdied the par-5 No. 18 to win his first World Golf Championship via playoff. Watson played in AJGA events for six years, from 1992-97. He competed in events including the Natural Resource Partners Bluegrass Junior, the Rolex Tournament of Champions and the Polo Golf Junior Classic, compiling more than 14 top-10 AJGA finishes. Watson was victorious twice in his junior career with wins at the 1993 ICS Gateway Junior Classic...
more...Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:51:22 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Nov. 3)
- By Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications Ryan Moore claimed the title at the 2001 Thunderbird International Junior PGA TOUR AJGA tournament host and alum Ryan Moore successfully defended his CIMB Classic title with a 5-under-par 67 on Sunday for a tournament-total 17-under-par 271. Moore became the first player to defend a title on the PGA TOUR since Tiger Woods did it at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in 2012 and 2013. Moore beat out fellow AJGA alumni Sergio Garcia, Kevin Na and fellow tournament host Gary Woodland who tied for second at 14-under-par 274. Before Moore signed with the University of...
more...Mon, 03 Nov 2014 11:09:21 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Oct. 27)
- Robert Streb poses with his trophy after winning the 2004 OSSO Junior at Oak Tree. Streb played AJGA events from 2001-05. By Jared Dunn, AJGA Communications PGA TOUR At the McGladrey Classic in Sea Island, Georgia, AJGA alums Robert Streb and Will MacKenzie took first and T2, respectively. Streb’s final-round 7-under-par 63 forced a playoff with MacKenzie and Zimbabwe’s Brendon de Jonge, which he won in two holes. The victory was Streb’s first on the PGA TOUR. Streb played AJGA golf from 2001-05, claiming his sole junior victory at the OSSO Junior at Oak Tree in 2004, earning him honorable...
more...Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:55:01
- AJGA announces top Leadership Links fundraisers
- By Roseanna Smith (@AJGASmith), AJGA Communications It's that time of year at the AJGA: awards season. AJGA awards recognize the achievements of the talented, and in this case, altruistic, junior golfers in our midst. Earlier in the year, Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman) did a blog series on the charitable giving of some participants in the AJGA’s Leadership Links program. Established in 2009, Leadership Links allows AJGA juniors to participate in fundraising for a variety of charities in golf and outside of it. In 2014 alone, more 360 junior golfers raised $350,000 and supported 160 charitable causes. Even more amazing are the...
more...Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:05:00
- The #JASInv sponsored by NIKEGOLF
- The Junior All-Star Invitational sponsored by NIKEGOLF is the only AJGA Invitational with an age limit, but the caliber of play on the course looked like the efforts of seasoned veterans rather than young players. The course The AJGA traveled to the Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club – Ghost Creek course for the first time, and it was every bit as special as expected. The Ghost Creek course has been named one of America’s Top 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses by Goll Digest, while Witch Hollow, the second course on the Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club grounds has hosted the Women’s U.S....
more...Fri, 17 Oct 2014 16:42:26
- Food, festivities and fun for staff at PING Invitational
- By Amanda Herrington (@AJGAAmanda), AJGA Communications We usually use tournament blogs to showcase the tournament experience for the players, but what about the staff experience – especially when it’s an experience that includes delicious food, visits to college stadiums, games and pranks. The PING Invitational is a staff favorite event. The food The food during The PING Invitational is second to none. Prior to the tournament, the staff takes advantage of the spacious kitchen at our home for the week, Boone Pickens lodge – and advantage of the AJGA’s resident culinary expert. What many people don’t know about Vice President...
more...Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:44:24
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Oct. 14)
- Hunter Mahan competed in AJGA events from 1996-2000, establishing a strong foundation to his golf career By Jared Dunn, AJGA Communications PGA TOUR AJGA alum Hunter Mahan tied for third at the Frys.com Open, the PGA TOUR season opener in Napa, California. Mahan finished just three strokes behind champion Sang-Moon Bae in a tightly bunched leaderboard that included six players within three strokes of the lead. Mahan played AJGA golf from 1996-2000, with a breakout year in 1999 where he won two AJGA events, the Polo Golf Junior Classic and the Winn Grips Heather Farr Classic hosted by Longbow Golf...
more...Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:46:08
- #HPScholastic Junior All-America Team by the numbers
- By Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications With the release of the 2014 HP Scholastic Junior All-America Team, let's take a look at some facts from the current team as well as explore some all-time numbers. 2015 All members of this year’s team represent the class of 2015. In 2013, Nineteen were seniors and five were juniors. 5-3-2 California claims the most team members with five. Three call Georgia and North Carolina home and two hail from Maryland, Pennsylvania and Texas, respectively. 2183 and 34 Average SAT and ACT score, respectively, for the 2014 HP Scholastic Junior All-America Team members 4...
more...Thu, 09 Oct 2014 16:53:12
- Visit the tournament blog
- View the tournament blog in its entirety
more...Wednesday, November 26, 2014