American Junior Golf Association
Polo Golf Junior Classic
- News and Notes: AJGA Senior Boys & Girls Championships
- By Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications The AJGA Senior Boys & Girls Championships are two tournaments designed to help unsigned high school seniors, who have not signed or commited to play college golf, gain exposure to college coaches. The AJGA Senior Boys Championship featured 78 boys while the AJGA Senior Boys & Girls Championship showcased the talent of 54 boys and 22 girls. College coaches watch AJGA Senior Boys Championship winner Colin Hamilton putt on No. 18 College Coaches The AJGA Senior Boys & Girls Championships are exclusively for high school seniors who have not signed a National Letter of...
more...Wed, 10 Dec 2014 16:42:22 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Dec. 8)
- By Amanda Herrington (@AJGAAmanda), AJGA Communications Spieth wins again Former Rolex Junior Player of the Year Jordan Spieth set two tournament records at the Hero World Challenge, winning by 10 shots with a 26-under-par 262. Spieth broke the tournament record of 266 set by Tiger Woods in 2007 and Davis Love III in 2000, and surpassed Woods’ record largest winning margin of seven, by three strokes. The win comes a week after Spieth captured the title at the Emirates Australian Open, where he used the same ball all 18 holes of his final-round 63. His superstition of never switching balls...
more...Mon, 08 Dec 2014 09:41:35 -0500
- Traditions abound at the Polo Golf Junior Classic
- By Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications The Utility Men of Volunteers Jeff Schorr has been volunteering at the Polo Golf Junior Classic since its arrival at PGA National in 2009. He first got involved when he heard about the tournament through his volunteer efforts at the Honda Classic. “I like to give back to the community,” Schorr said. “I love to volunteer, I love golf and I get to meet a lot of nice people.” He enjoyed it so much that in 2011 he convinced his friend Gary Sherman to volunteer as well. Throughout all their years volunteering they say...
more...Mon, 01 Dec 2014 15:46:04 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Dec. 1)
- By Stephanie Dittmer (@AJGADittmer), AJGA Communications AJGA alum Jordan Spieth fired an 8-under-par 63 on Sunday at The Australian Golf Club to win The Emirates Australian Open by six strokes. The first win of Spieth’s 2014 season is the second of his professional career and comes on the heels of a successful year which included eight top-10 finishes, his Ryder Cup debut and a runner-up showing at the Masters. The AJGA tournament host was crowned champion five times during his AJGA career, racked up first-team Rolex Junior All-America accolades in 2008, 2009 and 2010, and was honored as the Rolex...
more...Mon, 01 Dec 2014 13:29:42 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Nov. 26)
- By Amanda Herrington (@AJGAAmanda), AJGA Communications Lewis during a Q&A session at the 2014 KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior Open. AJGA alumna and tournament host Stacy Lewis was named Rolex Player of the Year for the 2014 LPGA season. She also received the Vare Trophy, for lowest scoring average, and topped the LPGA Official Money List, becoming the first player since fellow tournament host Yani Tseng, to sweep all three honors. Lewis competed in nine AJGA tournaments as a junior, with her best showing coming at the 2002 Aaron's / Bob Estes Abilene Junior where she tied for fourth. Following her...
more...Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:06:27 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Nov. 17)
- By Chris Ceman (@AJGACeman), AJGA Communications Brooks Koepka claimed his first European Tour victory at the Turkish Airlines Open after carding five birdies and an eagle en route to a final-round 7-under-par 65. Brooks Koepka hits a tee shot at Château Élan Resort Koepka played in AJGA events for three years, from 2005-07. He compiled six top-10 finishes including a victory at the 2005 Ashworth Junior at Highland Oaks. Following his victory, Koepka competed in AJGA Invitationals such as the AJGA Boys Championship, FJ Invitational, The PING Invitational and Polo Golf Junior Classic. Koepka continued his career at Florida State...
more...Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:29:46 -0500
- 2014 PING #CollegeGolf Signing Day
- By Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications The class of 2015 signing period has begun! AJGA juniors from around the world are signing their National Letters of Intent to the colleges and universities of their dreams. We asked some of them if they could say one thing to the class of 2015, what would it be. From congratulations and thanks to inspiration and the future, here's what they had to say: Bethany Wu – UCLA "Today's the day we've all been waiting for, congrats Class of 2015! We did it!" Sam Burns – LSU "Congratulations to everyone signing today, I know...
more...Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:03:09 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Nov. 10)
- By Amanda Herrington (@AJGAAmanda), AJGA Communications Bubba Waston eagled the final hole in dramatic fashion to tie Tim Clark at 11-under-par 277 at the HSBC Champions in Shanghai, China. Watson birdied the par-5 No. 18 to win his first World Golf Championship via playoff. Watson played in AJGA events for six years, from 1992-97. He competed in events including the Natural Resource Partners Bluegrass Junior, the Rolex Tournament of Champions and the Polo Golf Junior Classic, compiling more than 14 top-10 AJGA finishes. Watson was victorious twice in his junior career with wins at the 1993 ICS Gateway Junior Classic...
more...Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:51:22 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Nov. 3)
- By Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications Ryan Moore claimed the title at the 2001 Thunderbird International Junior PGA TOUR AJGA tournament host and alum Ryan Moore successfully defended his CIMB Classic title with a 5-under-par 67 on Sunday for a tournament-total 17-under-par 271. Moore became the first player to defend a title on the PGA TOUR since Tiger Woods did it at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in 2012 and 2013. Moore beat out fellow AJGA alumni Sergio Garcia, Kevin Na and fellow tournament host Gary Woodland who tied for second at 14-under-par 274. Before Moore signed with the University of...
more...Mon, 03 Nov 2014 11:09:21 -0500
- #AJGAAlum in the headlines (Oct. 27)
- Robert Streb poses with his trophy after winning the 2004 OSSO Junior at Oak Tree. Streb played AJGA events from 2001-05. By Jared Dunn, AJGA Communications PGA TOUR At the McGladrey Classic in Sea Island, Georgia, AJGA alums Robert Streb and Will MacKenzie took first and T2, respectively. Streb’s final-round 7-under-par 63 forced a playoff with MacKenzie and Zimbabwe’s Brendon de Jonge, which he won in two holes. The victory was Streb’s first on the PGA TOUR. Streb played AJGA golf from 2001-05, claiming his sole junior victory at the OSSO Junior at Oak Tree in 2004, earning him honorable...
more...Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:55:01
- Visit the tournament blog
- View the tournament blog in its entirety
more...Friday, December 19, 2014