Leadership Links Center
Pen to 10 for Charity is a program designed for those interested in giving back to local charities and the AJGA’s youth development programs, but have limited resources, time or ability to participate in a Golf-a-Thon or a Birdies for Charity program.
How it works:
- Register for the program and pick a local charity to support
- Fax your local charity's IRS Determination Letter to Beth Dockter (678.425.1661)
- Develop and submit one paragraph on why the local charity is important to you.
- Submit goal of money to be raised through this program.
- Enter in 10 quality names, addresses and contact info for those with the ability to support your local charity and the AJGA’s youth development programs. Please see below for more information.
- A packet with the following will be mailed to you:
- 10 letters for each of your quality contacts, including your personalized paragraph and goal amount.
- 10 envelopes for each of your letters to your quality contacts, to be hand addressed by the juniors
- Spreadsheet with contact information
- 10 thank you notes/envelopes to write thank you letters to those who contribute
- Sign the letters, include a small written note and mail out letters to your supporters.
- Follow up with supporters to see if they would like to give back.
- Secure donations via check or online donation, mail to the AJGA.
- Send out thank you notes to those who have supported your efforts.
List of Quality Prospects:
It is important to list 10 quality names/addresses you feel have the financial ability to support your efforts and would likely do so if asked. The list can be made up of family, friends or local businesses. It is also important to make sure the addresses and contact information is accurate and up-to-date to ensure the letters are received.
Goal: $500 per junior
Juniors participating in this program will receive the following recognition:
- Application to USGA-AJGA Presidents’ Leadership Award
- Letter of recommendation by AJGA Board of Trustees
- Acknowledgement on AJGA scoreboard
- Thank you letter from the AJGA Executive Director
- Thank you letter and acknowledgement of participation from the AJGA