While the AJGA is very proud to provide this opportunity to its membership, there are specific rules for expenses covered by the ACE Grant. The ACE Grant covers expenses incurred while attending AJGA events, as well as select USGA junior events and State Championship (not high school). In addition, there are reimbursement limits the AJGA feels are appropriate for each event. Please refer to the details outlined below. These guidelines are not negotiable.
If a situation arises in which an ACE Grant recipient expects a reimbursement from the AJGA and does not receive one, please contact Development Manager Kellie Smith at (770) 868-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expenses Covered by the ACE Grant
- Costs incurred when traveling to and from an AJGA event. This may include gas, airfare/baggage fees (member only), airport transportation, rental cars, cabs and tolls. No mileage is covered.
- Food and beverage costs (member only) incurred while traveling to and attending an AJGA event.
- Housing costs incurred while traveling to and attending an AJGA event. The AJGA strongly encourages all families to utilize private housing when available.
- A portion of the AJGA membership fee ($165), automatically sent upon acceptance.
- Tournament and qualifier entry fees without exceeding the maximum ACE Grant value.
- Gratuity up to 10 percent of the total on approved food and beverage expenses.
Expenses NOT covered by the ACE Grant
- The AJGA will not reimburse any expenses for parents/guardians
- The AJGA will not reimburse maintenance/repair costs for a vehicle used to travel to and from an event.
- The AJGA will not reimburse travel costs incurred at an event when the AJGA is providing transportation (i.e. shuttles, staff rides, vouchers, etc.).
- The AJGA will not reimburse housing costs incurred at an event when the AJGA is providing complimentary rooms.
- The AJGA will not reimburse hotel expenses that exceed the room rate of the host hotel. If the cost exceeds that of the host hotel, you will receive reimbursement up to the host hotel’s room rate.
- The AJGA will not reimburse hotel/travel costs incurred at an event reimbursed via travel stipend. Please send your travel stipend to Kellie Smith, not the Tournament Director.
- The AJGA will not reimburse costs for alcoholic beverages.
- For reimbursements, due to a withdrawal, refer to the AJGA Withdrawal policy.
- The AJGA will not reimburse any expenses incurred while attending an event, including entry fees, when the member “no shows” or is disqualified under the AJGA's Code of Conduct.
- The AJGA will not reimburse incidental charges made through hotel room service or at the hotel gift shop. This also extends to miscellaneous charges for equipment or golf attire.
- The AJGA will not reimburse practice round fees when the AJGA offers a free practice round the day before the tournament begins.
- The AJGA will not reimburse a receipt that only shows the total amount charged; all receipts must be itemized.
- The AJGA will not reimburse a receipt that includes costs incurred for people other than the member. If it is not clearly marked on the receipt which costs are for the member, the reimbursement amount will be at the AJGA ACE Grant Committee’s discretion.
- The AJGA will not reimburse any expenses where a credit card statement is submitted in place of an original receipt.