IMG Academy Preseason Series Entry Criteria
The IMG Golf Academy Preseason Series is a series designed specifically for first-time AJGA members or those members who have not yet been accepted to or participated in an AJGA Open event, AJGA Invitational or Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy Junior All-Star Series event in the current calendar year and/or the previous calendar year.
For those juniors who are eligible, participation is limited to one IMG Golf Academy Preseason Series event per calendar year.
To apply to an IMG Academy Preseason Series event a player must meet the eligibility requirements at the time of their application. If a player gains entry to an IMG Academy Preseason Series event, they will still be able to play in this event even if they subsequently gain entry to another AJGA Tournament (Open, Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy / Montverde Academy Junior All-Star or Invitational) being played prior to the IMG Academy Preseason Series event.
The applications for 2012 IMG Academy Preseason Series events will be released in one application window. The application window will be open from Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 3 p.m. ET until Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 3 p.m. ET, and will include the following applications:
March 30 – April 1
Preseason Junior at St. James, Southport, NC
Preseason Junior at Brookhaven, Dallas, TX
April 13 – 15
Preseason Junior at Oak Valley, Beaumont, CA
April 20 – 22
Preseason Junior at Innisbrook, Palm Harbor, FL
Preseason Junior at Sterling, Houston, TX
April 27 - 29
Preseason Junior at Mira Vista, El Cerrito, CA
May 4 - 6
Preseason Junior at Cripple Creek, Dagsboro, DE
Preseason Junior at Prairie Landing, West Chicago, IL
May 26 - 28
Preseason Junior at Chateau Elan, Braselton, GA
June 1 - 3
Preseason Junior at Nemacolin, Farmington, PA
The order applications are received has no effect on the tournament field, however players must apply within the application window to be considered. Players who apply after this point may be placed on an alternate list, after those who applied during the application window, in the order they are received. Players may apply to more than one IMG Academy Preseason Series event. When you apply you MUST indicate your tournament preference (1 = highest preference → 10 = lowest preference).
Step 1: The first 60 percent of the field will be filled with 2012 & 2013 grads
Step 2: The next 30 percent of the field will be filled with 2014 grads
Step 3: The final 10 percent of the field and alternate list will be filled with all remaining grad years and players not gaining entry from Steps 1 & 2
1. Tournament Preference (1→10)
a. Players from the region of the tournament
b. Players from outside the region of the tournament
3. Graduation Year
d. All other grad years
4. Random Draw
- To apply to an IMG Golf Academy Preseason Series event a player must meet the eligibility requirements at the time of their application.
- Preferences may not be changed after the application window closes.
- Tournament Regions are determined by AJGA Regional Director Territories. Players from Canada and Mexico are treated as being players from the region they border.
- If there are not enough players to fill a designated step, the spots will carry over to the next step of the criteria.
- Final tournament fields and alternate lists will be available by Monday, February 27 at Noon ET.
- Applications are no longer first-come, first-serve for this tournament series.
- Due to the demand of this series, players are not guaranteed entry to an IMG Academy Preseason Series tournament and/or their highest tournament preference.
- Players who apply to multiple events and do not gain entry can be on multiple alternate lists. However, if you gain entry to an event from an alternate list your name will be removed from all other alternate lists.