(This entry criteria applies to AJGA Qualifiers taking place prior to tournaments in the AJGA Junior All-Star Series.)
AJGA members should apply for an AJGA Qualifier during the application window which begins the Friday after the tournament application deadline at 3 p.m. ET and runs through Monday, Noon ET.
The order applications are received has no effect on the qualifier field. However, players must apply within this window to be considered for the initial field. Players who apply after this point may be placed on an alternate list, after those who applied during the application window, in the order they are received. Space permitting, non-members may apply one week following the AJGA Qualifier application opening to AJGA members.
The AJGA Junior All-Star Qualifier field and alternate list will be filled as follows:
Applicants will be ranked according to the number of playing opportunities (Tournament & Qualifier) they have been accepted to or played with the AJGA during the current season – lowest to highest (0,1,2,3,4,...)
Ties will be broken by:
- Performance Based Entry Status (highest to lowest)
- Graduation year (oldest to youngest)
- Random Draw
- In order to apply for an AJGA Junior All-Star Series Qualifier, a player must be 12 – 15 years old throughout the duration of the Qualifier through the end of the corresponding tournament dates.
- For tiebreaker purposes, a player's Performance Based Entry status is based on the corresponding tournament application deadline (according to PBE status updating guidelines).
- AJGA Qualifier field sizes are typically 100 players (approximaetly 80 boys, 20 girls). The field size and breakdown are subject to change.
- AJGA Qualifier fields and alternate lists will be posted on Tuesday at 5 pm ET following the initial application window.
- Approximately 10% of the AJGA Qualifier field will qualify into the actual Tournament. The exact number of spots will be posted on-site at the Qualifier. Players who qualify and accept a spot in the tournament do NOT forfeit Performance Based Entry status earned in the AJGA Qualifier.
- Players accepted to a tournament field are allowed to submit an application to a corresponding AJGA Qualifier during the same week. They can also apply at the same time as players not in a tournament field (true qualifier participants). However, priority in the AJGA Qualifier field will first go to true qualifier participants. All tournament participants who apply will be put on the qualifier alternate list. One week after the close of the initial application window, tournament participants will be allowed to fill any remaining spots in the Qualifier field.
- Tournament participants who apply during the initial application window will be ranked according to the number of playing opportunities (Tournament & Qualifier) they have been accepted to or played with the AJGA this season. Those with the lowest opportunities will have a higher priority. Ties at any step will be broken by Random Draw.