- Ava Lozito of Fairfield, New Jersey, finished the final round with a 5-over-par 75 and a tournament total of 16-over-par 156, to medal in the Girls Division. Lozito also took home the low final round honors in the Girls Division. Her round included one birdie on the fifth hole which helped her shoot a solid 37 on the front nine. She started the day tied for sixth place after shooting 11-over-par 81 in the first round. “It really means a lot to me that my first AJGA tournament was such a success,” Lozito said.
- In the Girls Division, Jade Gu of Yardley, Pennsylvania, carded a final round score of 8-over-par 78 for a tournament total of 17-over-par 157 to end the tournament in second place. Gu had one birdie for the day on the par-4 11th hole.
- Plainsboro, New Jersey, native Hannah Trinh finished in solo third after shooting a final round score of 11-over-par 81 for a tournament total of 19-over-par 159. Trinh had one birdie for the day on the par-4 10th hole.
- Garrett Kessler of North Caldwell, New Jersey wins the Boys Division after carding even-par 70 in the final round and a tournament total of 4-over-par 144. Kessler’s round included four birdies which helped him climb the leaderboard and grab the low final round honors for the Boys Division. “It’s crazy because I didn’t think I was going to get to play in this event,” Kesseler said, “but I’m glad I played well and that I played my hardest and that it ended up in a victory!”
- Matthew Simon of New York, New York, and Nolan Pierce of Whitby, Ontario, Canada, tied for second after shooting tournament totals of 10-over-par 150. Simon, who finished in second after the first round, had three birdies in his final round which led to him carding an 8-over-par 78. Pierce, the Boys Division leader after the first round, shot a final round of 10-over-par 80.
- Rounding out the top-five in the Boys Division was John Bradbeer of Rosemont, Pennsylvania, and Charlie Cummings of Wyckoff, New Jersey. Bradbeer carded consecutive rounds of 76 to put himself in a solo fourth position, with a tournament total score of 12-over-par 152. Cummings finished in fifth place after shooting 76-78 for a tournament total of 14-over-par 154.
- Garrett Kessler and Ava Lozito are teammates on the West Essex High School Golf team in North Caldwell, New Jersey. Kessler and Lozito are finishing their freshman year and will graduate in 2021.
About Junior Golf Hub
Junior Golf Hub (juniorgolfhub.com) is the premier online community for junior golfers, parents, and college coaches. The Hub provides the industry’s most advanced, all-in-one suite of technology tools and education to help players on the journey to college golf. Find top-ranked junior tournaments and easily add them onto a personalized digital calendar. Build a compelling Hub profile, become searchable by college coaches, and “Find and Follow” programs of interest. Access The Hub’s Essential Guide to college golf recruiting. Join for free at www.juniorgolfhub.com and begin your journey today!
About the Junior Golf Hub Preview Series
The AJGA Preview at Forsgate (Ages 12-15) is one of 15 events held as part of the 2018 Junior Golf Hub Preview Series. The Junior Golf Hub Preview Series is designed specifically for AJGA members who have not yet played/been accepted to an AJGA tournament. This series, conducted during the spring, offers these new and returning members the opportunity to start building Performance Based Entry status before application deadlines arrive for summer Open and AJGA Junior All-Star Series events.