The 54-hole KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational will be hosted for the sixth year from June 29-July 2, 2020 at Blessings Golf Club in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The 56-player field boasts the top 28 boys and 28 girls, ages 12-15, from around the world.
About the event
- The only AJGA stroke play event to feature mixed pairings with boys and girls playing together in each group – in 2020, this will be in twosomes
- An equal number of boys and girls annually compete in this event
- A boys versus girls team champion is crowned in addition to stroke play champions – the top four boys and four girls scores are combined to determine a Boys Division or Girls Division team victory each year – to date Boys lead the series 3-2, but Girls captured the title in 2018 and 2019
- Stacy Lewis and partner KPMG created this unique event in 2015 to promote equity, friendly competition, and reinforce the importance of ethics, integrity and leadership
About host Stacy Lewis
- Began her support of this event in 2015 as the No. 1 ranked American and No. 2 ranked player in the world
- Decorated amateur career – four-time All-American at Arkansas, where she won 12 times including an NCAA Division I Championship
- On the LPGA TOUR, Lewis has competed as a member of four Solheim Cup teams and won 12 times on tour including two majors
- She captured the 2011 ANA Championship as her first major win
- Lewis competed in eight AJGA events as a junior golfer, her best a T4 finish at the 2002 Aaron's / Bob Estes Abilene Junior
About the field
- 22 AJGA champions including both 2019 KMPG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational winners and 2020 AJGA Thunderbird Junior All-Star Champion Anawin Pikulthong
- 17 states and three countries represented
- Both 2019 KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational Champions return: You Seong Choi (Boys) and Leigh Chien (Girls)
- Five juniors in the top 50 of the Rolex AJGA Rankings will compete
Symetra Tour Exemption for Girls Division Champion
The Symetra Tour is the official qualifying tour of the LPGA Tour and enters its 40th competitive season in 2020. With the support of its umbrella partner Symetra, the Tour’s mission is to prepare the world’s best young women professional golfers for a successful career on the LPGA Tour. With more than 600 alumnae moving on to the LPGA, former Symetra Tour players have won a total of 440 LPGA titles. The girl's champion of the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational will receive exemption into the Founders Tribute at Longbow, in Mesa, Ariz., from August 14-16 at Longbow Golf Club.
About the course
Originally designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. in 2004, and redesigned by Kyle Phillips in 2017, Blessings Golf Club is home to the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational and the University of Arkansas Golf teams. With indoor and outdoor practice facilities, Blessings is equipped with a range with multiple teeing areas, short game greens and indoor hitting bays.
Blessings Golf Club has hosted the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational every year since its inception in 2015, other than its redesign year in 2017 when Fayetteville Country Club hosted. The 2019 NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Golf Individual and Team Championships were conducted at Blessings.
The AJGA hosted three events at Blessings prior to the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational: the AJGA Arkansas Junior at Blessings in 2008 and 2009, and 2010 Rolex Tournament of Champions.
Of the 56 junior competitors, 11 boys and 10 girls combine for 25 AJGA victories. A few highlights:
- You Seong Choi returns as the 2019 KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational Boys Division champion in addition to winning the 2019 Under Armour® / Alison Lee Championship presented by Irvine Technology Corporation. Choi is also a current Rolex Junior All-American.
- Leigh Chien returns to Blessings Golf Club as the reigning 2019 KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational Girl Division champion in addition to her win from the 2019 Lockton Kansas City Junior presented by UHY.
- Sara Im won her first, second and third AJGA Championships all in the 2019 season including the Greenwood Junior Championship, Judie Oppenheimer Memorial Junior and TaylorMade Junior All-Star Championship.
- Anawin Pikulthong and Connor Williams are both members of the class of 2023 and will be future teammates as they have both verbally committed to play for Arizona State University.
The KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational features past champions who’ve gone on to earn Rolex Junior Player of the Year honors (Noah Goodwin), be top 25 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings and combine for 39 AJGA wins. Past Champions include:
|2019||You Seong Choi||Leigh Chien|
|2018||Kuangyu (Tony) Chen||Xin (Cindy) Kou|
|2017||Jackson Rivera||Zoe Antionette Campos|
|2016||Karl Vilips||Harmie Constantino|
|2015||Noah Goodwin||Hailee Cooper|
Former KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational Participants
In addition to a consistent history of successful champions, the event’s competitive field breeds growth and talent for juniors to take their game to the next level. Of the top 10 boys and top 10 girls in the Rolex AJGA Rankings as of June 26, eight played in the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational at least once.
1 – Rose Zhang – 2017
3 – Sadie Englemann – 2015, 2016, 2017
4 – Xin (Cindy) Kou – 2016, 2018 – Champion
6 – Zoe Antoinette Campos – 2017 – Champion
7 – Phoebe Brinker – 2017
9 – Bohyun Park – 2018
3 – Karl Vilips – 2016 – Champion
6 – Jackson Van Paris – 2017
10 – Kelly Chinn – 2018
In the 2020 KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational field, 12 juniors are currently in the top 100 of the Rolex AJGA Rankings:
42 – You Seong Choi
66 – Ethan Gao
73 – Ethan Fang
74 – Jackson Koivun
76 – Carson Kim
78 – Sihan Sandhu
98 – Sihao Cong
T31 – Leigh Chein
35 – Katie Li
38 – Sara Im
44 – Bailey Shoemaker
98 – Jasmine Koo
Monday, June 29
6:55 – 10:30 a.m.
Practice Round off No. 1 tee
8:05 – 11:05 a.m.
*Players may sign up online for a practice round tee time in the Player Center.*
Tuesday, June 30
First Round off No. 1 tee
7:30 – 11:33 a.m.
Wednesday, July 1
Second Round off No. 1 tee
7:30 – 11:33 a.m.
Thursday, July 2
Final Round off No. 1 tee
7:30 – 11:33 a.m.
KPMG is one of the world’s leading professional services firms, providing innovative business solutions and audit, tax and advisory services to many of the world’s largest and most prestigious organizations.
KPMG is the fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the United States and is widely recognized for being a great place to work and build a career.
Our people share a sense of purpose in the work we do, and a strong commitment to community service, diversity and inclusion, and eradicating childhood illiteracy.
Learn more at www.kpmg.com/us.
KPMG LLP is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”). KPMG International’s member firms have 174,000 professionals, including more than 9,000 partners, in 155 countries.