The AJGA Junior All-Star presented by Auburn-Opelika Tourism is back at the RTJ at Grand National in Opelika, Alabama, for its third year. The 54-hole, stroke-play tournament will be held on the Lake Course for the second year in a row and features a 78-player field consisting of boys and girls ages 12-15. Chase Kyes of Birmingham, Alabama, won the tournament last year, shooting 11-under-par 205.
About the field
- One AJGA champion (Haley Davis of Ocala, Florida)
- Three countries represented
- Seven Alabama natives
- Nearly 40% of the field is from the class of 2024
Players to watch
- Trinity Beth of Calvert City, Kentucky, is the highest ranked junior in the field at No. 215 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings. She won two junior golf events already this year and is looking for her first AJGA win.
- Yufei (Nancy) Dai of Lake Mary, Florida, finished third in the AJGA Huntsville Junior last week and has two other top-five finishes this year. She is ranked No. 303 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings and is still looking for her first AJGA win.
- Ricardo Velasquez of Pereira, Columbia, leads the Boys Division ranked No. 464 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings. He most recently finished T21 in the Harold Varner III Foundation Junior All-Star in June.
- Will Coffman of Palmetto, Georgia, has two top-five finishes this season and is still looking for his first AJGA win. He's ranked No. 508 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings.