The KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational will be held at Blessings Golf Club in Fayetteville, Arkansas, for the fourth year in a row. This is the seventh year of the tournament. The 54-hole stroke play invitational has a 56-player field and will occur June 21-24.
About the event
- The only AJGA stroke play event to feature mixed pairings with boys and girls playing together in each group
- 2021 will mirror 2020 as the pairings will be twosomes
- An equal number of boys and girls annually compete in this event (28 boys, 28 girls)
- A boys versus girls team champion is crowned in addition to stroke play champions – the top four boys and four girls scores are combined to determine a Boys Division or Girls Division team victory each year
- To date, the series is tied 3-3 and the Girls Division has captured the title three years in a row (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Stacy Lewis and partner KPMG created this unique event in 2015 to promote equity, friendly competition, and reinforce the importance of ethics, integrity and leadership
About host Stacy Lewis
- Began her support of this event in 2015 as the No. 1 ranked American and No. 2 ranked player in the world
- Decorated amateur career – four-time college All-American at Arkansas, where she won 12 times including an NCAA Division I Championship
- On the LPGA TOUR, Lewis has competed as a member of four Solheim Cup teams and won 13 times on tour including two majors
- She captured the 2011 ANA Championship as her first major win
- Lewis competed in eight AJGA events as a junior golfer, her best a T4 finish at the 2002 Aaron's / Bob Estes Abilene Junior
About the Field
- 17 states represented
- Seven countries represented (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, Norway, South Korea, United States)
- Ten players ranked in the top 100 of the Rolex AJGA Rankings
- Four Rolex Junior All-Americans
- 23 AJGA past champions
Symetra Tour Exemption for Girls Division champion
The Symetra Tour is the official qualifying tour of the LPGA Tour and enters its 41th competitive season in 2021. With the support of its umbrella partner Symetra, the Tour’s mission is to prepare the world’s best young women professional golfers for a successful career on the LPGA Tour. With more than 600 alumnae moving on to the LPGA, more than 435 LPGA titles have been won by former Symetra Tour players, and 10 of those are major championships captured since 2013. The female champion of the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational will receive exemption into the Murphy USA El Dorado Shootout that will take place in El Dorado, Arkansas, from September 24-26, 2021.
About the course
Originally designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. in 2004, and redesigned by Kyle Phillips in 2017, Blessings Golf Club is home to the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational and the University of Arkansas Golf teams. With indoor and outdoor practice facilities, Blessings is equipped with a range with multiple teeing areas, short game greens and indoor hitting bays.
Blessings Golf Club has hosted the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational every year since its inception in 2015, other than its redesign year in 2017 when Fayetteville Country Club hosted. The 2019 NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Golf Individual and Team Championships were conducted at Blessings.
The AJGA hosted three events at Blessings prior to the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational: the AJGA Arkansas Junior at Blessings in 2008 and 2009, and 2010 Rolex Tournament of Champions.
AJGA Champion Highlights
Of the 23 players who’ve won an AJGA event, a few highlights:
- Lucy Yuan of (Canada) San Diego, California, is No. 21 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings. The Rolex AJGA All-American will be competing in this event for the first time. She has two career AJGA victories coming at the 2021 The Lanto Junior Championship and the 2020 AJGA Stan Utley and Mid-America Youth Golf Foundation Junior All-Star
- Jasmine Koo of Cerritos, California, is No. 30 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings. The 2024 graduate has one AJGA win: the 2020 Callaway Golf Junior Championship. She is also a Rolex AJGA All-American.
- Sihao Cong of Irvine, California, is No. 79 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings. Cong finished second in the 2020 KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational. In addition, the 2023 graduate has seven other top-10 finishes in his AJGA career.
- You Seong Choi of (South Korea) Hacienda Heights, California, returns as the 2019 KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational Boys Division champion in addition to a victory at the 2019 Under Armour® / Alison Lee Championship presented by Irvine Technology Corporation. Choi enters as the No. 104 player in the Rolex AJGA Rankings.
The KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational features past champions who’ve gone on to earn Rolex Junior Player of the Year honors (Noah Goodwin, 2016), be top 25 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings and combine for 41 AJGA wins.
About 2021 Player Field
In the 2021 KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational field, seven juniors are currently in the top 100 of the Rolex AJGA Rankings:
No. 21 Lucy Yuan of San Diego, California
No. 30 Jasmine Koo of Cerritos, California
No. 42 Gianna Clemente of Warren, Ohio
No. 75 Alexandra Gazzoli of Palm Coast, Florida
No. 77 Yurang Li of Fullerton, California
No. 78 Mi Li of Beijing, China
No. 79 Sihao Cong of Irvine, California