The Rolex Tournament of Champions relocates to TPC San Antonio - Canyons Course in 2022. This will be the 1st AJGA tournament held at this course.
The Rolex Tournament of Champions is one of the AJGA’s longest-running tournaments and dates back to the AJGA’s founding in 1978. The tournament won the 2016 Invitational of the Year Award.
About the Field
- 84 players
- 57 AJGA Champions
- 55 college commits
- 68 Rolex Junior All-Americans
- 21 of the top 25 girls in Rolex AJGA Rankings
- 20 of the top 25 boys in Rolex AJGA Rankings
- Nine countries represented (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United States)
About the Course
Home to the PGA TOUR’s Valero Texas Open, TPC San Antonio adds the AJGA to their schedule. The course played host to PGA TOUR Champions San Antonio Championship from 2011-2015. Due to the differing topography, the Pete Dye-designed Canyons course, paired with Greg Norman’s Oaks course, respectively complement one another with each course encompassing their own unique look, feel and playing experience for both Members and resort guests to enjoy. While very different from the traditional, tree-lined Oaks course, the Canyons course stands on its own as a tournament venue in terms of design, strategy, and hill country beauty.
AJGA Champion Highlights
Of the 57 players who’ve won an AJGA event, a few highlights:
- The 2022 Rolex Junior Players of the Year (Kaitlyn Schroeder of Jacksonville, Florida, and Eric Lee of Fullerton, California) are both in the field.
- 12 invitational champions are in the field
- Hilton Grand Vacations ANNIKA Invitational presented by Rolex: Yana Wilson of Henderson, Nevada
- Mariah Stackhouse Girls Invitational: Leigh Chien of Irvine, California
- Buick Shanshan Feng AJGA Girls Invitational: Elizabeth Rudisill of Charlotte, North Carolina
- The PING Invitational: Jay Leng Jr. of San Diego, California and Gianna Clemente of Estero, Florida
- Rolex Girls Junior Championship: Kaitlyn Schroeder of Jacksonville, Florida
- Jack Burke Jr. Invitational: Smith Summerlin of Raleigh, North Carolina
- Polo Golf Junior Classic: Byungho Lee of Plano, Texas & Vanessa Borovilos of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational: Alice Ziyi Zhao of Irvine, California
- Wydham Invitational presented by Truist: Henry Guan of Dallas, Texas
- Under Armour / Albane Valenzuela Girls Invitational: Jaclyn LaHa of Pleasanton, California
Top players in Rolex AJGA Rankings in the field
1. Kaitlyn Schroeder of Jacksonville, Florida
2. Gianna Clemente of Warren, Ohio
3. Yana Wilson of Henderson, Nevada
4. Anna Davis of Spring Valley, California
5. Leigh Chien of Irvine, California
7. Jasmine Koo of Cerritos, California
8. Kiara Romero of San Jose, California
10. Jaclyn LaHa of Pleasanton, California
1. Eric Lee of Fullerton, California
3. Jackson Koivun of San Jose, California
4. Nicholas Gross of Downington, Pennsylvania
5. Ethan Gao of Alpharetta, Georgia
6. Jay Leng Jr. of San Diego, California
7. Carson Kim of Yorba Linda, California
9. Bryan Kim of Brookeville, Maryland
10. PJ Maybank of Cheboygan, Michigan
Follow along on social with #RolexTOC or check us out on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
An unrivalled reputation for quality and expertise
Rolex is an integrated and independent Swiss watch manufacture. Headquartered in Geneva, the brand is recognized the world over for its expertise and the quality of its products – symbols of excellence, elegance and prestige. The movements of its Oyster Perpetual and Cellini watches are certified by COSC, then tested in-house for their precision, performance and reliability. The Superlative Chronometer certification, symbolized by the green seal, confirms that each watch has successfully undergone tests conducted by Rolex in its own laboratories according to its own criteria. These are periodically validated by an independent external organization.
The word “Perpetual” is inscribed on every Rolex Oyster watch. But more than just a word on a dial, it is a philosophy that embodies the company’s vision and values. Hans Wilsdorf, the founder of the company, instilled a notion of perpetual excellence that would drive the company forward. This led Rolex to pioneer the development of the wristwatch and numerous major watchmaking innovations, such as the Oyster, the first waterproof wristwatch, launched in 1926, and the Perpetual rotor self-winding mechanism, invented in 1931. In the course of its history, Rolex has registered over 500 patents. At its four sites in Switzerland, the brand designs, develops and produces the majority of its watch components, from the casting of the gold alloys to the machining, crafting, assembly and finishing of the movement, case, dial and bracelet. Furthermore, the brand is actively involved in supporting the arts and culture, sport and exploration, as well as those who are devising solutions to preserve the planet.