Stanford, CA. - The Fortinet Girls Invitational at Stanford is set to host a 72-player field of the top girls in the Rolex AJGA Rankings. The 54-hole tournament at Stanford Golf Course begins with an official Practice Round Friday, February 17, continues with the first round on Saturday, February 18, second round on Sunday, February 19, and concludes with the final round on Monday, February 20.
About the Field
- 53 AJGA past champions
- 25 Rolex Junior All-Americans
- 23 college commits
- 46 girls ranked within the top-100 of the Rolex AJGA Rankings
- 18 states and 5 countries represented
About the Course
The Fortinet Girls Invitational at Stanford will mark the eighth time Stanford Golf Course has hosted the AJGA. Previous events include the 1993 Canon Cup (now known as the Wyndham Cup), the 2019 Swinging Skirts AJGA Invitational, the 2020 AJGA Girls Invitational at Stanford, the 2021 & 2022 AJGA Junior All-Star at Stanford, and the 2021 & 2022 Mariah Stackhouse Girls Invitational. Stanford Golf Course, designed by George C. Thomas and Billy Bell Jr., opened in 1930 and is owned and operated by Stanford University. In 2015, Golfweek rated Stanford the No. 6 college course in the country.
AJGA Champion Highlights
Of the 53 players who’ve won an AJGA event, a few highlights:
- Leigh Chien of Irvine, California is back to defend her 2022 Mariah Stackhouse Girls Invitational title. In 2022, the Stanford University verbal commit defeated Michelle Liu of Vancouver, B.C., Canada, and Sophie Zhang-Murphy of Saratoga, California, on the first hole of a sudden-death playoff to claim her third Invitational win.
- Ashleen Kaur of Cypress, Texas, took home her first AJGA Invitational win earlier this year at the 2023 Hilton Grand Vacations ANNIKA Invitational presented by Rolex. The win gave the Baylor University verbal commit an opportunity to play in the Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions pro-am where she qualified to play in the amateur division of the LPGA tournament. Kaur won the amateur net and gross division for the tournament.
- Angela Zhang of Bellevue, Washington won four AJGA champion titles throughout the 2022 season. Of the four tournament wins, the 2027 grad, secured her first Invitational win at the Ping An Bank Junior All-Star Invitational.
11 of the Top 25 Players in the Rolex AJGA Rankings
(3) Leigh Chien
(4) Jasmine Koo of Cerritos, California
(5) Jaclyn LaHa of Pleasanton, California
(7) Alice Ziyi Zhao of Irvine, California
(12) Kiara Romero of San Jose, California
(16) Thanana Kotchasanmanee of (Thailand) Rome, Georgia
(19) Ashleen Kaur
(22) Frances Kim of Rolling Hills Estates, California
(23) Angela Zhang
(24) Kylee Choi of Murrieta, California
(25) Olivia Duan of Cupertino, California
Formally the AJGA Girls Championship at The Furman Golf Club (2009-2020). In 2021, the tournament was changed to the Mariah Stackhouse Girls Invitational. This will be the first year with Fortinet as the title sponsor of the event.
Notable Past Champs
- Casey Weidenfeld (2020)
- Amanda Sambach (2019)
- Lauren Stephenson (2014)
- Karen Chung (2009,2010)
- Low Round: Casey Weidenfeld 64 (-8)
- Low 36: Karen Tsuru 65-67—132 (-12)
- Low 54: Casey Weidenfeld 69-72-64—205 (-11), Michelle Liu 66-67-69—202 (-11)
Follow along on social with #FortinetGirls or check us out on Twitter , Instagram and Facebook .