- March 8-May 11, 2021
- Four teams of six-eight people each
- 40- to 55-hour work weeks
- Eight to nine events conducted by each team
- May 20-September 14, 2021
- Seven teams of seven-eight people each
- 50- to 65-hour work weeks
- 10-13 events conducted by each team
- **Dates are subject to change. End dates can be accommodated.
- Travel to top junior golf tournaments around the country
- Make new friends - teams spend a lot of time together
- Run top-tier junior golf events
- Work in a team atmosphere
- Problem-solve in difficult situations
- The AJGA compensates interns the hourly federal minimum wage ($7.25) plus time and one-half for overtime worked
- The AJGA compensate a majority of tournament-related expenses (lodging, food, gas and laundry)
- Travel to Atlanta for the start of the internship will be paid in full by the AJGA but travel home at end of the internship is at each intern's own expense
- Interns are provided with clothing, shoes and sunglasses as a part of a uniform
- Must be at least 21 years old prior to the start of the internship
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license for a minimum of three years
- Must take a Georgia Department of Transportation physical provided by and paid for by the AJGA.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Must either be working towards or have achieved a Bachelor's Degree
- Work outside in extreme weather and temperatures
- Work in direct sun exposure
- Drive and operate company vehicles and travel via plane
- Drive and operate a golf cart
- Use and operate company equipment, i.e. radios / walkie-talkies
- Ability to spot golf balls on the course
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
- Spring Deadline: November 13, 2020
- Summer Deadline: January 8, 2021
- *Summer candidate finalists will be required to attend a mandatory Intern Recruiting Weekend March 5 – 7, 20201. Travel, food and lodging will be covered.
***In light of COVID-19, there is a possibility Intern Recruiting Weekend will be virtual. This will be determined by January 8, 2021.
- Applications for the 2020 travel internship will open in August 25, 2020.
Day in the Life of an AJGA Intern
AJGA Stakeholders talk about the AJGA's Impact
AJGA Internship FAQs