2019 Membership Information
To service the various needs of junior golfers, the AJGA provides three levels of membership:
The AJGA recommends the standard Junior Membership for those who have not started high school.
The Junior Plus Membership is ideal for high school sophomores and juniors who are looking to earn college golf scholarships. It is available to all junior golfers, and some younger players may wish to become Junior Plus Members in order to prepare earlier for the recruiting process yet to come.
The Future Player Membership is a non-playing membership for those who are either not old enough to compete in AJGA events or have no intention of applying to play in AJGA events. This offers an opportunity for younger players to keep abreast of AJGA events and programs.
AJGA Player Services can provide guidance to help juniors select the appropriate membership level.
2019 AJGA Membership Benefits
Benefits vary based on the level of AJGA membership. Sign up today!
2019 Membership Levels and Prices (Subject to change):
Junior Membership - $215
- AJGA Bag Tag and Sticker
- Exclusive 40% off discount with TaylorMade on taylormadegolf.com
- Exclusive 30% discount off adidas Golf and 20% off other adidas items on adidas.com
- Expanded PING Guide/Golfstat Program (Courtesy of PING)
- Player profile and results listed on AJGA Coaches Corner website
- AJGA-logoed hat by Imperial
- Subscription to Global Golf Post
- Exclusive discounts and promotions in the Player Center
- Online applications to AJGA tournaments and qualifiers
- Subscription to College Golf Connection
*Junior Plus- $285
All services listed in the AJGA Junior Membership above plus:
- Expanded AJGA Player Profile and results listed on AJGA Coaches Corner website
- Mental Golf Workshop Profile
- Access to "AJGA's College Recruiting Live" presentation series
- Swing Video
* A player can upgrade to Junior Plus Membership from Junior Membership for $70 at anytime throughout the year.
Future Player Membership - $95
All items included in the AJGA Junior Membership (listed above) except Player profile and results listed on AJGA Coaches Corner website
International memberships include an additional $25 to cover mailing costs. International/Canadian membership/tournament fees must be paid in U.S. currency drawn against a U.S. Bank.
Junior Plus Membership Benefits
AJGA Player Profile - The AJGA Player Profile provides comprehensive player information about the member. Junior Plus Members complete an online form provided by the AJGA that will allow juniors to highlight their academic and golf achievements. This information will be available to college coaches on the AJGA Coaches Corner website.
AJGA's College Recruiting Live - "AJGA's College Recruiting Live" is a series of presentations addressing the ins and outs of college golf recruiting. The presentation series is conducted by AJGA's College Golf Advisors. Junior Plus members can access these recorded presentations in the Junior Plus Center.
The AJGA Swing Videos assist coaches in recruiting by evaluating AJGA members' golf swings online. AJGA Junior Plus members and AJGA College Coaching members will have access to these swings from the Player Center or Coaches Corner. Swing videos can also be videoed on-site at every AJGA event.
If you prefer to send in your own videos please follow the instructions below and submit high-quality mobile video (iPhone, iPad, android manufactured in the past 2 years) or HD videocamera footage:
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using your phone/tablet to record the swing video, please hold your phone/tablet horizontally when filming.
- Film your swing with a driver and a 5-iron.
Film both clubs from two different positions
- Driver Back - Stand directly behind the player while the player hits a ball with their driver
- Driver Side - Stand to the side (face on) of the player while the player hits a ball with their driver
- Iron Back - Stand directly behind the player while the player hits a ball with their iron
- Iron Side - Stand to the side (face on) of the player while the player hits a ball with their driver
- You must hit a golf ball.
- Make sure you are able to see the entire club in the frame of the video.
Record the four videos individually so that you have a total of four separate clips.
After recording, e-mail all four videos to email@example.com. In your submission e-mail, you must include the player’s name and member ID number. Depending on the file size of the videos, you may be required to send each video in a separate e-mail.
Swing videos can also be recorded by an AJGA staff member on-site at every AJGA event.
Membership Policies and Procedures
Members should be aware of the following policies:
- Players may sign up for Junior or Junior Plus Membership before their 12th birthday. However, they must be at least 12 years of age to participate in an AJGA event. Future Player Membership (non-playing) is intended for younger members or those who do not wish to compete but want to receive the benefits of membership. AJGA Membership expires Nov. 30, 2019.
- To be eligible to participate in AJGA events, a member must be an amateur golfer who is at least 12 and no older than 18 on January 1 of the year he/she graduates from high school and will be eligible for that entire calendar year provided he/she has not started college.
- Proof-of-age documentation will be required for the 2019 season.
- You may become an AJGA member securely and conveniently by paying with a credit card via the website.
- AJGA membership does not guarantee acceptance into an AJGA tournament.
- After your membership is submitted, the membership dues are non-refundable. If a membership is submitted mistakenly, the member should call Player Services (770-868-4200) within one business day to cancel. A $10 processing fee will be deducted.
- AJGA members are allowed to play in a combined total of five AJGA Open tournaments and AJGA Junior All-Star Series events. NOTE: Members may compete in a maximum of four AJGA Junior All-Star Series tournaments per season. Invitationals and Junior Golf Hub Preview Series events do not count toward this total.
- Upon receipt of membership application, the AJGA will e-mail confirmation to each 2019 member. Members will also be mailed a membership packet with membership benefit items.
- The AJGA will post finalized tournament fields at ajga.org the Friday following the tournament deadline. It is the member's responsibility to find tournament fields at ajga.org.
- Event fees: click here to view AJGA event fees
- The AJGA holds the rights to its members' names and likenesses for publicity and promotional purposes. AJGA members' names and likeness will be protected for amateur status and eligibility under the guidelines of the USGA and the NCAA.
to become a 2019 member.