The tournament field for the CB&I / Simplify Boys Championship at Carlton Woods is traditionally strong, and this year is no different.
- Eight of the top 10 and 17 of the top-25 boys in the Polo Golf Rankings are in the field
- Canon Claycomb of Bowling Green, Kentucky, is the youngest player at 14 years old
- 31 Rolex Junior All-Americans and 43 AJGA champions are in the field
- The field features players from 21 states and seven countries
The field features several players to watch this week.
- Philip Barbaree of Shreveport, Louisiana, is the reigning Rolex Junior Player of the Year and No. 2 in the Polo Golf Rankings. He comes off a 2015 campaign which featured wins at the Rolex Tournament of Champions and the U.S. Junior Amateur Championship. He is playing in his second CB&I / Simplify Boys Championship at Carlton Woods. In 2015 he finished T11.
- Spencer Soosman of Westlake Village, California, is No. 7 in the Polo Golf Rankings and looks to improve on his third-place finish from 2015. His 2015 season was a success with wins at the 2014 Polo Golf Junior Classic and the 2015 PING Invitational. He is playing in his second CB&I / Simplify Boys Championship at Carlton Woods and has signed to play college golf at UCLA.
- Ryan Grider of Lewisville, Texas, is the highest ranked Texan in the field at No. 6 in the Polo Golf Rankings. The SMU verbal commit finished T4 in the 2015 event. The rest of his year was also a success, with a win at the Bishops Gate Golf Academy Junior at Horseshoe Bay and a Semifinals appearance at the U.S. Junior Amateur Championship. Grider is making his second appearance at the CB&I / Simplify Boys Championship at Carlton Woods.