Final round play of the Wyndham Invitational presented by BB&T begins today at 7:00 a.m. off of No. 1 at Sedgefield Country Club – Ross Course. The 72-player field was cut to the top-48 after the third round of play on Thursday. Maxwell Ford of Peachtree Corners, Georgia, continues to hold on to his lead at 6-under-par 204.
Pairing to watch
9:23 am – Jack Heath of Charlotte, North Carolina, Jeewon Park of (South Korea) Lake Mary, Florida, and Karl Vilips of (Australia) Wesley Chapel, Florida.
· Heath is T6 at 1-under-par 209 after carding a third round 1-under-par 69.
· No. 1 Rolex AJGA Ranked player Vilips is sitting tied for eighth at even-par 210. Vilips is the current defending champion of the Wyndham Invitational presented by BB&T.
· Park is also tied for eighth after carding 2-under-par 68 in the third round. The Arizona State commit recorded four birdies on the day.
9:34 am – Nicholas Dunlap of Greer, South Carolina, Brian Ma of Milpitas, California and David Ford of Peachtree Corners, Georgia.
· Dunlap ended the third round on a high note recording a hole-in-one on No. 16 to shoot 3-under-par 66. He sits tied for fourth at two-under-par 208.
· Ma is also tied for fourth at 2-under-par 208 after carding a third round 1-under-par 69.
· Ford recorded five birdies to end the third round at 2-under-par 68. He sits T6 at 1-under-par 209.
9:45 am – Maxwell Ford of Peachtree Corners, Georgia, Benjamin James of Milford, Connecticut, and Brett Roberts of Coral Springs, Florida.
· Ford has lead wire-to-wire in the first three rounds sitting atop the leaderboard at 6-under-par 204. He recorded three birdies on Thursday to card 2-over-par 72.
· James sits T2 after firing 2-under-par 68 in the third round. He is three strokes off the lead going into the final round.
· Roberts also sits T2 after carding 3-over-par 73 in the third round. The Florida State commit recorded his lowest AJGA career round on day two firing 6-under-par 64.
About the field
· 17 Rolex Junior All-Americans
· 38 AJGA Champions including 2018 Wyndham Invitational presented by BB&T champion Karl Vilips
· 51 juniors committed to play college golf
· 15 total states and seven countries represented in the field
Monday: Morning practice rounds (8 a.m.); BB&T Junior-Am Tournament at 1 p.m.
Tuesday: First-round tee times 7 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
Wednesday: Second-round tee times 7 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
Thursday: Third-round tee times 7:30 a.m. – 11:43 a.m.
Friday: Final-round tee times 7 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Awards Ceremony following play at approximately 2 p.m.
Follow along on social with our hashtag, #WyndhamInvitational or visit AJGA.org
Keep up with today’s round via live scoring at AJGA.org
About Wyndham Rewards
Recently named the number one hotel rewards program by readers of USA TODAY, Wyndham Rewards® is the world’s most generous rewards program with more than 30,000 hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals worldwide. Designed for the everyday traveler, members earn a guaranteed 1,000 points with every qualified stay and may redeem points for a wide-range of rewards, including free nights at any of more than 9,000 hotels or tens of thousands of vacation club resorts and vacation rentals globally through partnership with Wyndham Destinations (NYSE: WYND) and others. Wyndham Rewards has over 75 million enrolled members around the globe. Join for free today at www.wyndhamrewards.com. You’ve earned this.®
About the AJGA:
The American Junior Golf Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf. The AJGA provides valuable exposure for college golf scholarships, and has an annual junior membership (boys and girls, ages 12-19) of more than 7,000 members from 50 states and 60 foreign countries. Through initiatives like the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Grant, a financial assistance program, and Leadership Links, a service-oriented platform that teaches juniors charitable-giving skills, the AJGA fosters the growth of golf’s next generation.
TaylorMade and adidas are the AJGA’s National Sponsors, supporting the AJGA for more than 25 years. TaylorMade has served as the Official Ball of the AJGA since 2016. adidas has been the Official Apparel and Footwear of the AJGA since 2017. Rolex, in its fourth decade of AJGA sponsorship, became the inaugural AJGA Premier Partner in 2004.
AJGA alumni have risen to the top of amateur, collegiate and professional golf. Former AJGA juniors have compiled more than 900 victories on the PGA and LPGA Tours. AJGA alumni include Rickie Fowler, Sergio Garcia, Dustin Johnson, Phil Mickelson, Patrick Reed, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Tiger Woods, Paula Creamer, Ariya Jutanugarn, Cristie Kerr, Stacy Lewis, Brittany Lincicome, Anna Nordqvist, Inbee Park and Lexi Thompson.