Eight of the top fundraisers with the Leadership Links program played with Rickie Fowler at Jupiter Island Club in Hobe Sound, Florida, on November 16. Each of the juniors played nine holes with Rickie at the prestigious club and got autographs and pictures from the newly minted champion of the Hero World Challenge. The Leadership Links fundraisers had to raise a minimum of $7,500 from at least 25 different donors, which no more than 50% of the funds coming from one donor. The juniors who participated were:
Cade Hancock, Elizabethtown, North Carolina
- Cade was the highest fundraiser with $25,280 for Operation Smile. His sister was born with a cleft lip and palate and since 3 months of age, she has had 10 surgeries to help correct these challenges.
Ian Johnston, Swisher, Iowa
- Ian raised money for the Area Substance Abuse Council in honor of his brother, who died from substance abuse at age 23.
Ashleigh Stoehr, Houston, Texas
- Ashleigh raised more than $15,000 for The Greater Houston Community Foundation and Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey affected her hometown. She played 100 holes in a Golf-A-Thon to raise the money in less than a week
Michael Shears, Franklin, Tennessee
- Michael raised more than $12,000 for the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt to help the children in the community receive care, regardless of the family's ability to pay.
Connery Meyer, Marietta, Georgia
- Connery's efforts through the Arnie's March Atlanta to benefit the Aflac Cancer & Blood Disorders Center at Children's Health Care raised more than $11,000 after an initial goal of $200.
Jay Kirchdorfer, Louisville, Kentucky
- Jay raised money for the Kentucky Junior Golf Foundation - Vince Hamilton Fund, and with the USGA's matching program, was able to raise more than $11,000. Jay says this foundation's tour changed his life and opened many doors.
Thomas Morrison, Pinehurst, North Carolina
- Thomas was born in Augus 2004 with a congenital heart defect and was treated at the Mount Sinai Hospital. Thomas was able to raise more than $10,000 for the Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation and Children's Heart Fund at Mount Sinai Medical.
Jack Maguire, Ridgefield, Connecticut
- Jack focused on the Alzheimer's Association after members of his extended family suffered from the disease. With Transamerica's matching fund program, Jack was able to raise more than $11,000 through his Birdies for Charity program.