Join us weekly for a skim of highlights from around the AJGA:
1. Welcome our new full-time staff members and top #AJGAInternship alumni!
- Libby Burroughs of Cullman, Alabama - Operations
- Hampton Clark of Kennesaw, Georgia - Communications
- Sydney Della-Flora of Toledo, Ohio - Operations
- Grayson Harbin of Kennesaw, Georgia - Operations
- Thomas Harrison of Bushnell, Illinois - Operations
Fun fact: 85% of our full-time AJGA Careers staff did an internship.
2. The AJGA Foundation finished strong in 2020 with $50K in December donations.
Year-end giving was on full display as #GivingTuesday donations and several holiday gifts totaled more than $50K in Foundation support. Those dollars will go to funding the dreams of junior golfers who aspire to achieve college scholarships in 2021 and to support our best-in-class internship training program.
The Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Grant creates equity in golf by eliminating the financial barriers to national junior golf. 2020 tax returns are needed to determine eligibility for the program which reimburses AJGA membership, qualified tournament and qualifier fees, and other costs related to travel are reimbursable. Expenses related to USGA Junior Amateur Championships and state championship fees also qualify.
4. Weatherman Umbrella surprises AJGA staff with umbrella shipment.
The mission at Weatherman is to make an umbrella that lasts and becomes part of your daily routine. Well, thanks to the team at Weatherman, each AJGA staff member has a brand new umbrella to incorporate into his or her daily life. With a few rainy months ahead, this gift is much appreciated!
5. You helped us hit 5 million video views on Instagram alone in 2020.
We compiled some of our favorite posts for the Rolex Junior All-America Awards Show in December.