The first round of The Junior PLAYERS Championship presented by TaylorMade-adidas Golf begins Friday. The 78-player field includes players from 20 states and 15 countries (Australia, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom and United States). Additionally, 16 players from outside the United States earned an invitation based on their outstanding records in international competition.
Here are three things to know for Friday's first round.
1. Four players in the field have won AJGA tournaments on PGA TOUR courses.
Spencer Soosman at PGA National Resort's Champion Course
- AJGA: 2014 Polo Golf Junior Classic
- PGA TOUR: The Honda Classic
Garett Reband at TPC San Antonio - AT&T Oaks Course
- AJGA: 2015 Valero Junior Texas Open
- PGA TOUR: Valero Texas Open
Wocheng (Aden) Ye at Innisbrook Resort's Copperhead Course
- AJGA: 2015 TaylorMade-adidas Golf Junior at Innisbrook hosted by Justin Rose
- PGA TOUR: Vaslpar Championship
Andrew Kozan at Trump International Golf Club
- AJGA: 2015 Puerto Rico Junior Open presented by EaglesDream Golf Academy
- PGA TOUR: Puerto Rico Open
2. At age 13, Canon Claycomb is the youngest player in the field. He is No. 35 in the Polo Golf Rankings and has top-10 finishes in five of his six AJGA tournaments this season, including a T5 finish at the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational.
3. The hole locations for Thursday's practice round were identical to the first round of the 2015 PLAYERS Championship, and the first- through final-round hole locations this weekend will match the second- through final-round hole locations of the PGA TOUR event.