Stanford, CA -The AJGA Girls Invitational at Stanford continues today at Stanford Golf Course. Lucy Yuan of (Canada) San Diego, California, and Frances Kim of Rolling Hills Estate, California share the lead at 4-under-par 67. One stroke behind at 3-under-par 68 sit Lauryn Nguyen of Seattle, Washington, and Grace Summerhays of Scottsdale, Arizona.
The 54-hole stroke play event features 78 of the top junior girls in golf. The entire field is ranked within the top 350 of the Rolex AJGA Rankings, including 35 from the top 100.
The winner of this year’s AJGA Girls Invitational at Stanford will receive an exemption into the Symetra Tour’s Guardian Championship in Prattville, Alabama, at the Senator Course of Capitol Hill on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail from September 18-20.
Pairings to Watch
8:20 a.m. off No. 1 – Megan Propeck of Leawood, Kansas, Lauren Gomez of San Diego, California, and Zoe Antoinette Campos of Valencia, California.
- Propeck, a University of Virginia commit, is currently No. 66 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings.
- Gomez, a Pepperdine University commit, has 14 career top-10 finishes.
- Campos, a University of California, Los Angeles commit, is the top ranked girl in the field at No. 7 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings.
8:50 a.m. off No. 1 – Xin (Cindy) Kou of Whittier, California, Selena Tang of Freemont, California, and Dianna Lee of San Diego, California.
- Kou is in pursuit of her fourth AJGA Invitational title. The 2021 graduate is currently T5 at 2-under-par 69.
- Tang is making her first invitational start this week.
- Lee has six career top-10 finishes and is in search of her first win this week.
9:10 pm off No. 1 – Lucy Yuan of (Canada) San Diego, California, Frances Kim of Rolling Hills Estate, California, and Lauryn Nguyen of Seattle, Washington.
- Yuan, Kim and Nguyen are all in search of their first AJGA Invitational wins this week.
- Nguyen birdied No.18 during the first round to take the clubhouse lead and finish the day T2 with Grace Summerhays.
- Yuan and Kim each carded five birdies during their first round to secure the one stroke lead.
About the Field
- Eight current Rolex Junior All-Americans, including First-Team Member, Xin (Cindy) Kou of Whittier, California
- 39 AJGA Champions, including 16 with wins in 2020
- 16 verbal college commitments
- 17 states and 7 countries represented
About the Course
Stanford Golf Course, home of the Stanford University Men’s and Women’s golf programs, is 2-time invitational host of the AJGA. Stanford hosted the 1993 Canon Cup, now known as the Wyndham Cup and the 2019 Swinging Skirts AJGA Invitational.
Stanford Golf Course designed by George C. Thomas and Billy Bell Jr. opened in 1930 and is owned and operated by Stanford University. In 2015, GolfWeek rated Stanford the No. 6 college course in the country.
Sunday, September 6
7:10 – 9:10 a.m. - Second Round off Nos. 1 & 10
Monday, September 7
7:10 – 9:10 a.m. - Final Round off No. 1
2 p.m. - Awards Ceremony
Follow along on social with our hashtag, #StanfordInv or visit the tournament website.
Keep up with today's round via live scoring at AJGA.org.