Julie Shin of Brambelton, Virginia, led the way as the Girls Division medalist at 2-over-par 74 and qualified into the second edition of the Matthew NeSmith Junior Championship. The 2022 graduate had one birdie in the round and had a match-saving put on No.18 to keep her lead. Shin recently won the Sam Burns Classic at The Landings Club and finished second at the Three Little Birds Memorial AJGA Open. Shin also won the Qualifier for the Sam Burns Classic, as well as finishing T5 at the Qualifier for the AJGA Junior at Toftrees. Shin will be seeking her second victory of the 2021 season.
Girls Qualified Into Tournament:
- Thanana Kotchasanmanee of Chiangmai, Thailand, (2025)
- Mariane Johnson of Niceville, Florida, (2023)
Riley Ruby of Atlanta, Georgia, Richard Yang of Duluth, Georgia, and Andrew Messalle of Savannah, Georgia, all tied for the Boys Division victory after shooting 1-over-par 72. The three players had combined 14 birdies in the round. Messalle and Ruby will be seeking their first career AJGA victory.
Boys Qualified Into Tournament:
- Ravepon Kosalutta of Chonburi, Thailand, (2022)
- Rhett Smith of Eatonton, Georgia, (2023)
- Bennett Brewer of Raleigh, North Carolina, (2025)
- Gabriel Hegerstrom of Parkland, Florida, (2022)
- Harris Holstein of Orangeburg, South Carolina, (2024)
- Timothy Williamson of Bradenton, Florida, (2022)
- Grant Paolucci of Blythewood, South Carolina, (2025)
- Jeremy Edmunds of Charlotte, North Carolina, (2022)
- Jack Wiley of Raleigh, North Carolina, (2025)
- Walker Neal of Cary, North Carolina, (2025)