Returning to the AJGA schedule in 2021, the Wyndham Cup will celebrate more than 30 years of storied team match play competition when 40 of the nation's top junior golfers descend on Bulls Bay Golf Club in Awendaw, South Carolina, July 6-9.
This year's teams were determined by the Rolex AJGA Rankings and a dividing line that runs from the eastern border of Texas extending northward through the eastern border of North Dakota.
The East enters as defending champion because the 2020 Wyndham Cup was canceled due to COVID-19. The East won 27.5-22.5 in 2019 at Old Town Club in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Kelly Chinn of Great Falls, Va. (2021)
- Luke Clanton of Miami Lakes, Fla. (2022)
- Nicholas Dunlap of Huntsville, Ala. (2022)
- David Ford of Peachtree Corners, Ga. (2021)
- Maxwell Ford of Peachtree Corners, Ga. (2021)
- Benjamin James of Milford, Conn. (2022)
- Scotty Kennon of Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. (2021)
- Gordon Sargent of Birmingham, Ala. (2021)
- Caleb Surratt of Indian Trail, N.C. (2022)
- Jackson Van Paris of Pinehurst, N.C. (2021)
- Kynadie Adams of Nashville, Tenn. (2022)
- Brooke Biermann of Wildwood, Mo. (2021)
- Madison Hewlett of Oldsmar, Fla. (2021)
- Sara Im of Duluth, Ga. (2023)
- Mackenzie Lee of North Little Rock, Ark. (2022)
- Alexa Pano of Lake Worth, Fla. (2022)
- Amanda Sambach of Charlotte, N.C. (2021)
- Kaitlyn Schroeder of Jacksonville, Fla. (2023)
- Bailey Shoemaker of West Edmeston, N.Y. (2023)
- Casey Weidenfeld of Pembroke Pines, Fla. (2021)
The East Team is led by several recent AJGA Invitational winners, including David Ford, Jackson Van Paris, Benjamin James, Maxwell Ford, Amanda Sambach and Nicholas Dunlap. David Ford rounded out 2020 with a win at the Rolex Tournament of Champions over Thanksgiving weekend, while Van Paris won the first all-boys Invitational of 2021 at the AJGA Simplify Boys Championship at Carlton Woods. James and Maxwell Ford both earned their first AJGA Invitational titles this year at the inaugural Team TaylorMade Invitational and the Wyndham Invitational presented by Truist, respectively. Sambach, a 2019 East Team member, secured her spot on this year's roster by winning the Rolex Girls Junior Championship just last month. Dunlap is less than a week removed from winning his first Invitational title at the Polo Golf Junior Classic. Dunlap went undefeated in the match-play tournament with a record of 7-0.
All 20 players on the East Team are AJGA champions. Additionally, 19 are Rolex Junior All-Americans and 16 are committed to college. In addition to Sambach, there are three returning members from the 2019 team (Nicholas Dunlap, Alexa Pano, Van Paris).
- Jonas Appel of Encinitas, Calif. (2022)
- Zach Heffernan of Boerne, Texas (2021)
- J. Holland Humphries of Austin, Texas (2021)
- Eric Lee of Fullerton, Calif. (2023)
- Adam Miller of Phoenix, Ariz. (2023)
- Thomas Morrison of Dallas, Texas (2023)
- Sebastian Moss of Houston, Texas (2021)
- Anawin Pikulthong of Gilbert, Arizona (2023)
- Mason Snyder of Las Vegas, Nevada (2023)
- Jacob Sosa of Austin, Texas (2022)
- Melena Barrientos of Plano, Texas (2021)
- Leigh Chien of Irvine, Calif. (2024)
- Anna Davis of Spring Valley, Calif. (2024)
- Catherine Rao of Camarillo, Calif. (2022)
- Kendall Todd of Goodyear, Ariz. (2021)
- Yana Wilson of Henderson, Nev. (2024)
- Lucy Yuan of (Canada) San Diego, Calif. (2024)
- Yunxuan (Michelle) Zhang of (China) Plano, Texas (2022)
- Sophie Zhang-Murphy of Saratoga, Calif. (2022)
- Avery Zweig of McKinney, Texas (2025)
Avery Zweig is the only member of the West Team to win an AJGA Invitational this year. She kicked off the year with a victory at the Diamond Resorts ANNIKA Invitational presented by Rolex. Despite the West Team featuring 16 AJGA Champions, Leigh Chien is the only other Invitational winner on the squad. She won the KPMG Stacy Lewis Junior All-Star Invitational in 2019 and 2020. Though the team doesn't have as many Invitational titles on its side, the West has won several Open tournaments so far in 2021. Mason Snyder leads the charge with his back-to-back victories in June at the AJGA Lake Las Vegas Junior and the AJGA Tucson Junior presented by Hilgers Orthodontics.
Of the 20 players on the West Team, there are 16 AJGA champions, 11 Rolex Junior All-Americans and 11 college commits. As the only returning member from the 2019 roster, J. Holland Humphries will seek to lead his side to victory and reclaim the Cup for the West.