Tournament Committee Roles and Responsibilities
Building a strong tournament committee is key to a successful tournament. One talented and devoted person cannot handle everything alone. The key is delegation and involving a group of dedicated individuals who are willing to contribute. Below are the primary committee roles.
▪ Recruit, manage and oversee tournament committee
▪ Work closely with AJGA Regional Director and Tournament Director
▪ Serve as liaison between committee, host facility and AJGA staff
AJGA provides: tournament committee manual, constant communication and direction
Ideal candidate is someone with ties in with the local community and comfortable selling sponsorships and Junior- Am teams. (i.e. bankers, lawyers, sales executives, etc.)
▪ Responsible for building and overseeing fundraising committee
▪ Help sell tournament sponsorships and Junior-Am teams
AJGA provides: Sponsorship solicitation material, Junior-Am form, and any other material needed
Ideal candidate is someone who is very organized and able to recruit and manage a large group of people (i.e. civic organization member, club member, etc.)
▪ Recruit, manage and oversee all volunteers at the tournament
▪ Manage tournament volunteer spreadsheet (AJGA will assess needs and create worksheet)
▪ Help check in and coordinate volunteers each morning at the golf course
AJGA provides: Volunteer recruitment flyer, spreadsheet, and any other material needed
Ideal candidate is someone with hospitality experience and able to secure donations (i.e. restaurant owner, employee at CVB, club member)
▪ Help create unique experience for AJGA participants and staff.
▪ Assist with securing donations to reduce staff expense: meals, private housing, cars, product, etc.
▪ Help secure a medical attendant for the tournament
AJGA provides: ‘Project Zero’ solicitation material, W-9 tax form and outline of exact needs
Ideal candidate is someone with a marketing and/or communications background with close ties to the community (i.e. news reporter, PR specialist, marketing director, etc.)
▪ Assist with promotion, local media outreach, social media promotion/content, community stories
▪ Serve as a liaison between the AJGA communications staff and local media/social influencers.
AJGA provides: Full-time communications staff dedicated to tournament promotion, media fact sheet, round recaps, information about the field, social media content, videos, etc.