Since the start of 2017, Polo Ralph Lauren has celebrated the top worldwide achievements of junior golfers through the Polo Inspired Performances platform. Until a full 2020 tournament schedule resumes across junior golf, we’ll be sharing updates on past honorees and celebrating big moments from the Polo Golf Junior Classic.
Brianna Navarrosa of San Diego, earned her place as one of the first five juniors to be honored with Polo Inspired Performances recognition after winning her first career AJGA tournament to open the 2017 season. She won by two strokes with a bogey-free final round of 2-under-par 70.
Before this breakthrough, the (then) 14-year-old had compiled 10 top-10 AJGA finishes and a runner-up result in the 2016 U.S. Women's Amateur Four Ball with partner Angelina Kim, and a selection to the 2016 Junior All-Star team. Her previous best AJGA finish was a trio of T3 finishes: at her first AJGA event ever (2015 Junior All-Star at Aliante), opening event of 2016 (Junior All-Star at El Conquistador) and sixth Open tournament (2016 AJGA Junior at Carlton Oaks).
Navarrosa finished runner-up twice in 2017 and secured four other top-five finishes at events with competitive fields (Easter and three Invitationals). Her efforts helped her earn Rolex Junior All-America honors for the first time as well as a second selection on the Junior All-Star Team.
The high school senior who will attend USC this fall also has built these achievements:
- Current No. 13 in the Rolex AJGA Rankings
- Three-time Rolex Junior All-American
- Opened the 2019 season with her first AJGA Invitational win (Buick Shanshan Feng AJGA Girls Invitational) by 12 strokes and played on her first Symetra Tour exemption in Morongo
- Quarterfinal finish at the 2019 Polo Golf Junior Classic at Liberty National (overall 4-2-0)
- Selected to the winning United States 2019 PING Junior Solheim Cup (2-1-0) and played for the West Team at her first Wyndham Cup (2-1-1)
- High school state champion
- Won the 2019 Canadian Women’s Amateur Championship