Withdrawing an AJGA Tournament Application
Submit an application to be considered for a tournament until the published Application Deadline for that event (5pm ET approximately five weeks prior to the tournament start).
The Application Deadline is also the Application Withdrawal Deadline. All Application/Withdrawal Deadlines are published in the Dates to Remember section of each event website.
Please recheck your schedule to ensure you are available to play prior to applying for an event. Withdraw from any tournament before the Application/Withdrawal Deadline. There is no need to withdraw an application if you want to remain an alternate should you not get accepted to the initial field.
If an application is withdrawn after the Application/Withdrawal Deadline OR a member does not pay the tournament fee by the Tournament Payment Due date, a $50 late withdrawal fee, payable in the Player Center, will be assessed.
A member may not apply to future AJGA events until the late fee is paid. Each additional late withdrawal will increase this fee by an additional $50 (first time: $50, second time: $100, etc.).
Withdrawing an AJGA Qualifier Application
A member should submit an AJGA Qualifier Application during the application window (begins on the Friday after the tournament application deadline at 3 p.m. ET and ends on Monday at 3 p.m. ET). The end of the application window is also the Application/Withdrawal Deadline.
Please recheck your schedule to ensure you are available to play prior to applying for an event. Withdraw from any AJGA Qualifier before the Application/Withdrawal Deadline. There is no need to withdraw an application to an AJGA Qualifier if you want to remain an alternate should you not get accepted to the initial field.
If an application is withdrawn after an Application/Withdrawal Deadline OR a member does not pay the qualifier fee by the Qualifier Payment Due date, a $20 late withdrawal fee, payable in the Player Center, will be assessed.
A member may not apply to future AJGA events until the late fee is paid. Each additional late withdrawal will increase this fee by an additional $20 (first time: $20, second time: $40, etc.).
Withdrawal Before an Event
NOTE: online withdrawals are available until 11:59:59 p.m. ET the day before the tournament's official practice round and until 11:59:59 p.m. ET the day before an AJGA Qualifier. To withdraw after that point, you must contact the AJGA on-site Tournament Director in person. Also, please review the refund policy before withdrawing from an event.
Withdrawals CANNOT be submitted via email or phone.
To withdraw from an AJGA tournament or qualifier prior to the start of an event, please follow the steps below:
- Login to the Player Center
- Click red circle icon (3-dash icon for mobile) in the upper right-hand corner
- Select "My Tournaments" from the drop-down menu
- Scroll down and click on the "Applied", "Payment Due", "Confirmed-Paid", or "Alternate" sections to locate your event
- After locating your event, click the "Withdraw" button next to the event
- Read through the withdrawal information on the page
- Fill out required information: "Withdrawal submitted by..." and "Reason for Withdrawal" fields
- Click “Withdraw from Event” button
A "Successful Withdrawal" confirmation page will appear if the withdrawal was completed successfully. A confirmation will also be sent to your email address on file.
Withdrawal After an Event Begins
Once the junior begins play in the first round, he or she must withdraw in person with the Tournament Director prior to leaving the golf course (or host city) and before the competition has closed. The Tournament Director may ask the junior to talk to the Medical Attendant.
The Tournament Director (and Medical Attendant) will evaluate the player and document the withdrawal reason. Withdrawals will be listed as WD in event results.
If a player withdraws from two AJGA events in a 12-month period, the AJGA will use the following process:
- If the player has been accepted to another AJGA event, they may be removed from that tournament field.
- If the player has not applied for a future AJGA event, their membership will be pending review and they may not be allowed to apply to any future events.
- All situations will be reviewed by the AJGA. Players and parents will be notified of changes to membership status.
If a junior withdraws from two events in a season, he or she may not be eligible for postseason honors.
No Cards/No Shows
Disqualifications under the Rules of Golf include but are not limited to:
- juniors leaving the golf course or city in which the event is conducted during the competition without proper withdrawal
- failing to appear for rounds of an event
Disqualification penalties because of intent or a deliberate decision by the player will be listed as DQ Rule 5.3a(NS) or Rule 3.3b(2)(NC) and printed next to the junior’s name in the results. The junior’s membership will be suspended, and he or she will not be eligible for postseason honors. If a junior has previously been accepted into a future AJGA tournament(s), they will be withdrawn immediately.