Sarah Loza (E) [pictured] of Winter Garden, Florida, and Mary Keene Marrs (E) of Lexington, Kentucky, medaled in the Girls Division Qualifier for the Arnold Palmer Invitational Junior honoring Jim Bell. Loza and Marrs finished the day at even-par 70. With back-to-back birdies on Nos. 16 and 17, Loza was able to secure a spot in the Arnold Palmer Invitational Junior Honoring Jim Bell. The 2023 graduate is seeking her first AJGA victory in her first ever AJGA event. Marrs finished with four birdies including three on the back nine. With one top-10 finish already this year, the Eastern Kentucky University commit is looking for her first AJGA victory.
Girls Qualified Into Tournament:
- Mary Keene Marrs of Lexington, Kentucky (2022)
- Sarah Loza of Winter Garden, Florida (2023)
- Junyuan Zhang of Orlando, Florida (2024)
George Goff (-2) [pictured] of Hinsdale, Illinois, and Nick Strickler (-2) of Plant City, Florida, shared medalist honors in the Boys Division. Goff's round of 2-under-par 70 featured five birdies and just two bogeys. In his third Qualifier appearance, Goff secured his first AJGA tournament entry. Strickler caught fire heading into the back nine shooting three birdies in four holes. The 2021 graduate will be competing in his first ever AJGA event this week at Bay Hill seeking a victory in the Arnold Palmer Invitational Junior Honoring Jim Bell.
Boys Qualified Into Tournament:
- George Goff of Hinsdale, Illinois (2023)
- Nick Strickler of Plant City, Florida (2021)
- Chih Yu (Aaron) Lin of Howey in the Hills, Florida (2023)
- Ariihau Faana of Lake Mary, Florida (2022)
- Ian Lentz of Gainesville, Florida (2023)
- Aaron Leach of Windermere, Florida (2023)
- Michael Thomas of Lutz, Florida (2023)