Julie Shin of Brambelton, Virginia, led the way as the Girls Division medalist at 7-under-par 65 and qualified into the first ever Sam Burns Classic at The Landing Clubs. Shin dominated the qualifier as she was the only Girls Division player to shoot under-par. The No. 81 ranked player in the Rolex AJGA Rankings had 8 birdies in the round including a long birdie on No. 18 to finish. Shin also did not record any bogeys on the back-nine. She will be seeking her first career AJGA victory after coming close at the 2021 Three Little Birds Memorial AJGA Open where she placed second.
Girls Qualified Into Tournament:
Briana LeMaire of Austin, Texas, also qualified for the Sam Burns Classic at The Landing Club after finishing her round 1-over-par 73. The 2022 graduate birdied No. 18 allowing her to qualify for the event after breaking a tie for second place. LeMaire will be seeking her first ever AJGA victory at the Sam Burns Classic at The Landings Club.
Boys Qualified Into Tournament By Stars (Boys Qualifier Canceled):
- Rafe Cochran of Palm Beach, Florida (2023)
- Rhett Smith of Eatonton, Georgia (2023)
- Wade Watson of Peachtree Corner, Georgia (2023)
- Grey Goff of Nicholisville, Kentucky (2023)
- Akshay Mandadapu of Lake Mary, Florida (2023)
- Jiaming Liu of Bradenton, Florida (2023)
- Pierce Adamson of Atlanta, Georgia (2024)
- Camden Goldknopf of Ponte Vedra, Florida (2024)