The American Junior Golf Association has adopted new guidelines to protect the health and safety of players, parents, spectators, college coaches, AJGA staff, host facility staff and volunteers. Thank you for reviewing, and adopting, these practices to protect all stakeholders at events.
LIMITED FIELD SIZES: All AJGA tournament fields (Qualifier, Preview, Junior All-Star, Open, Senior and Invitational) will be limited to no more than 78 players.
ONE-TEE STARTS: All AJGA events and qualifiers will be a one-tee start to maximize social distancing on practice facilities and during weather delays.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: defined by at least six feet of physical distance between all people, must always be practiced and will be enforced via penalty under our Code of Conduct.
SPECTATORS: May be limited to one family member or guardian per player dependent on local restrictions. Final determination about the number of spectators allowed per player will be announced prior to respective events. In some communities we may not be able to allow any spectators. Approved sponsors and media, as well as college coaches may attend AJGA events.
PRACTICE FACILITIES: To help eliminate congestion on practice facilities, warm-up times will be assigned to players and managed by the AJGA staff. Driving range stalls will be spaced to allow for social distancing, balls will be set out without bags or baskets, and holes will be removed from practice putting greens. Practice after rounds will be prohibited.
- The clubhouse will be closed to all players and spectators with the exception being use of the restrooms
- We will have an advanced medical professional on-site.
- AJGA staff will have their temperatures taken each morning at all tournament venues.
- Player and spectator will be required to have, and wear, a face mask if social distancing is not possible (i.e. weather evacuation shuttles and indoor sheltering).
- Players, volunteers, and staff will be asked a series of health screening questions each day.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in starting and scoring areas and will be frequently re-filled as necessary each day.
- All AJGA staff will wear a mask when engaging with players.
- Players and parents must call or e-mail the tournament director and should refrain from physically visiting Tournament Headquarters. Contact information can be found on tournament website.
- Anyone showing signs of being symptomatic will immediately need to leave the property to return home.
- Signage will be posted in multiple areas reminding people to stay six (6) feet away from one another.
- Operations-critical volunteers will be recruited to execute AJGA events.
- Timing station volunteers will wear gloves and a mask to distribute bottled water from a cooler to juniors if desired.
- We will no longer provide these items: tees, pencils, permanent markers, sunscreen, insect repellent or ball markers. Players should come prepared with these items.
- No tournament paperwork will be printed on-site. Hole Locations and Notice to Players will be posted to the tournament webpage; a link to these documents will be texted and e-mailed to the field.
- Players must not touch, or remove, the flagstick at any time. Removing the flagstick is a violation of the AJGA Code of Conduct policy and may result in penalty. An insert will be placed at the bottom of the flagstick in the hole to assist the players in removing their golf ball. Please refer to the AJGA Code of Conduct Policy for additional information.
- All bunker rakes will be removed from the golf course. Players may lift, clean and place their ball within one club length of where their original ball lied that is not nearer the hole and in the same bunker. Players are encouraged to smooth the sand with their shoe or club when exiting the bunker. Please refer to the Notice to Players for additional information.
- We will not host cookouts or social events to reduce large group gatherings. We will negotiate with host venues to provide box lunches or take-out food in lieu of providing a food function.
- Pertinent information from previous in-person Parent and Player Meetings will be sent digitally.
- Tournament gifts will be sanitized by AJGA staff prior to registration. Registration times will be lengthened, and players will arrive based on tee time to help ensure safe distribution.
- Players are asked to refrain from the traditional handshake or hug prior to, and after, all rounds.
DIGITAL SCORING: Players will be required to use the Golf Genius application (available on iOS and Android app store) which will serve as their Official Tournament Scorecard and Live Scoring. No paper tournament scorecards will be provided. Players may view, and print, a blank scorecard on the tournament webpage.
The AJGA also asks that you use the following precautions:
- If you have a fever, cough or other symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, lips and eyes.
- Wash your hands frequently. If you are unable to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer.